Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm brand-new to these boards. Got into riding about four months ago, took and passed the BRC, and put many miles on my brother's old GZ250, which, at 6'0" 225 lbs. felt somewhat cramped after riding for a while, but I had to learn on something and that's all that was available.

But I've wanted a Monster for years, and there's one on cragslist that's fairly close to me and in my price range. I'd really appreciate anyone's take on whether or not it's a good deal. Here's the description:

"2001 Ducati Monster 600 Dark for sale. Bike has 16168 Miles. All work done by Richmond Super Bikes have Receipts of all work done since I have had the bike for a year or so. Oil has been changed, new belts, new spark plugs and wires, new rear tire, new chain, new rear pads, new clutch hose and master cylinder. Bike also has rear carbon fiber huger. Carbon fiber side panels. Dual Arrow high mount exhaust. Chopped tail with LED rear break light with integrated turn signals. Smoked front turn signals. Just had carbs synced a few weeks ago.A new battery last week was put in. Tank on bike has a few dents from the owner before me from handle bars doesn't affect the way it runs and has no rust in it. The bike is great and I hate to see it go but I got a new one. I have title in hand no liens on the bike. $3000.00 Firm. Cash."

That's a lot of miles. Kelley's says $3,140 for this bike.

Thanks again.

- Jon

·
Registered
970 Posts
IMO I would dodge a carb'd M600 and look for a fuel inj 620... $3000 is a bit steep for that model and the condition it sounds like it is in...
Dave R

Greetings,

I'm brand-new to these boards. Got into riding about four months ago, took and passed the BRC, and put many miles on my brother's old GZ250, which, at 6'0" 225 lbs. felt somewhat cramped after riding for a while, but I had to learn on something and that's all that was available.

But I've wanted a Monster for years, and there's one on cragslist that's fairly close to me and in my price range. I'd really appreciate anyone's take on whether or not it's a good deal. Here's the description:

"2001 Ducati Monster 600 Dark for sale. Bike has 16168 Miles. All work done by Richmond Super Bikes have Receipts of all work done since I have had the bike for a year or so. Oil has been changed, new belts, new spark plugs and wires, new rear tire, new chain, new rear pads, new clutch hose and master cylinder. Bike also has rear carbon fiber huger. Carbon fiber side panels. Dual Arrow high mount exhaust. Chopped tail with LED rear break light with integrated turn signals. Smoked front turn signals. Just had carbs synced a few weeks ago.A new battery last week was put in. Tank on bike has a few dents from the owner before me from handle bars doesn't affect the way it runs and has no rust in it. The bike is great and I hate to see it go but I got a new one. I have title in hand no liens on the bike. $3000.00 Firm. Cash."

That's a lot of miles. Kelley's says $3,140 for this bike.

Thanks again.

- Jon

·
Registered
434 Posts
This is sort of self serving since I have one for sale, but I think Dave's right. For just a little more $$ you can get a 2002 or newer 620 with FI. BTW, I don't think 16K miles is a lot of miles if it's been maintained.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
do the carb'd bikes have key & ecu compatibility troubles? carbs aren't hugely problematic- especially considering you'll need a computer to fidget with an EFI system. $3k for a fetted bike is pretty damn fair- itlian, british, or japanese.

·
Registered
30 Posts
16k isn't too bad as long as the major services have been done and the rest of the bike is in good shape. I'd love to get my hands on a carby Monster!! Just because he thinks he's getting $3k firm doesn't mean he'll actually get it. Make him an offer of $26-2700. All he can do is say no.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts