Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check out this project from Kaemna in Germany: 2V Demon... WoooooW...!!!!! 118 RWHP, and 138 kg including oil. One of the goals of the project was to get as close to the Milliona (120 RWHP, 120 kg) as possible, but for a lot less money. I think they did an amazing job with their Demon project: http://www.ducati-kaemna.de/cms_en/tu_example.htm?&ct=47

So if you have a rolling chassis from a 999, a 1000DS engine and the money to buy these parts: http://kaemna.de/cms_en/katalog.htm?&file=/cms_de/katalog.htm?&view=seite&seite=145 the ultimate 2V Ducati sports bike is within reach... If I had the money I would start building one ASAP because I love this bike. But since I don't have the funds I have asked Kaemna if they will make a street version of the fairing to match our +99 SS bikes. ''Sorry, no such plans'' was the reply I got from Kaemna... hmmm....

But I discussed this further with Kaemna and it might actually happen anyway. I'm sure that some positive response from potential buyers (that would be YOU) :) the fairing project will happen! It will of course be re-engineered to fit the SS frame and to match the ''lines'' of the SS frame...

Who is interested in a half fairing like this to fit the +99 SS bikes?

Would you prefer the fairing to match the standard headlight? Or would you prefer two small round lights (999 style)?

Here are also a few pictures, more to be found on Kaemnas site. BTW the black and orange bike is owned by a Danish team who developed the 2V Demon together with Kaemna.

Cheers,
Morten

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Check out this project from Kaemna in Germany: 2V Demon... WoooooW...!!!!! 118 RWHP, and 138 kg including oil. One of the goals of the project was to get as close to the Milliona (120 RWHP, 120 kg) as possible, but for a lot less money. I think they did an amazing job with their Demon project: http://www.ducati-kaemna.de/cms_en/tu_example.htm?&ct=47

So if you have a rolling chassis from a 999, a 1000DS engine and the money to buy these parts: http://kaemna.de/cms_en/katalog.htm?&file=/cms_de/katalog.htm?&view=seite&seite=145 the ultimate 2V Ducati sports bike is within reach... If I had the money I would start building one ASAP because I love this bike. But since I don't have the funds I have asked Kaemna if they will make a street version of the fairing to match our +99 SS bikes. ''Sorry, no such plans'' was the reply I got from Kaemna... hmmm....

But I discussed this further with Kaemna and it might actually happen anyway. I'm sure that some positive response from potential buyers (that would be YOU) :) the fairing project will happen! It will of course be re-engineered to fit the SS frame and to match the ''lines'' of the SS frame...

Who is interested in a half fairing like this to fit the +99 SS bikes?

Would you prefer the fairing to match the standard headlight? Or would you prefer two small round lights (999 style)?

Here are also a few pictures, more to be found on Kaemnas site. BTW the black and orange bike is owned by a Danish team who developed the 2V Demon together with Kaemna.

Cheers,
Morten
Hi Morten,

I've seen the bike at the ducati clubraces at Assen this year. Looks really good. I would however prefer the MILONA fairing instead of this one. Another nice alternative is the mini fairing that Kaemna also sells.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@dutchduc900: Thanks for your inputs! And a very, very nice SS1000 you have built :) I've never been to the club races at Assen, but usually go to the TT and/or the superbike race.

Trust me: I have been looking hard and long on (I think) all the half fairings for the +99 SS bikes...!

Actually I have a pair of the original half faring side panels for the SS, but I have decided not to use them. I think they are too big and bulky looking. On the other end of the scale I find the MILONA more a ''mini fairing'' than a ''half fairing'' and in my eyes the lower part of the MILONA is not right, it's too ''flat and sharp'' looking and (in my eyes) it does not integrate perfectly with the organic curves of the SS design. But again: That's just me... Ha ha, but I must admit that the pics you have shown of your bike over time has made me -almost- buy the MILONA because your bike looks sooooo cool...!!! :D

I would like a haft fairing to cover some of the ''V'' between the cylinders. The fairing on the Milliona does that. The attached sketch does that, and so does the Demon fairing, and they do this without being ''bulky looking'' like the original Ducati half faring. So this is the direction I would prefer to go...

Cheers,
Morten

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
I hope Ducati listen to the Supersport enthusiasts if they re-release the Supersport. An NCR Milona style bike without the real exotic stuff so its still affordable ...

Unfortunately with a new Monster and the 848 its not going to be in the near future I'm guessin'

·
Registered
246 Posts
And which enthusiasts will they listen to? Anyway, there's not enough SS enthusiasts out there to warrant a re-release. Not ever!
And there won't be if all thats offered are retro, sorta kinda's, and that "other" SS from '99.

WHats the big deal. They pick an air-cooled motor and frame. Redesign some bodywork and exhaust. Single side, or std.

Ground up redesign? That would be nice, but won't happen.

Dez
SS fan

·
I hear airplanes
2,600 Posts
I'm compiling parts for a buildup, and alot of that demon bike looks like something I want to do!

I wonder if that seat is a monocoque? Looks like it, as I can't find a subframe that extends at all.

My buildup is using a DB2 frame and a 1000ds motor. Lots of custom stuff sure, but I bet I could get that seat and dummy tank to fit and look good.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if that seat is a monocoque?
I'm not sure, but if you look at the pics on Kaemnas site it sure does look like a monocoque...

·
Registered
321 Posts
@dutchduc900: Thanks for your inputs! And a very, very nice SS1000 you have built :) I've never been to the club races at Assen, but usually go to the TT and/or the superbike race.

Trust me: I have been looking hard and long on (I think) all the half fairings for the +99 SS bikes...!

Actually I have a pair of the original half faring side panels for the SS, but I have decided not to use them. I think they are too big and bulky looking. On the other end of the scale I find the MILONA more a ''mini fairing'' than a ''half fairing'' and in my eyes the lower part of the MILONA is not right, it's too ''flat and sharp'' looking and (in my eyes) it does not integrate perfectly with the organic curves of the SS design. But again: That's just me... Ha ha, but I must admit that the pics you have shown of your bike over time has made me -almost- buy the MILONA because your bike looks sooooo cool...!!! :D

I would like a haft fairing to cover some of the ''V'' between the cylinders. The fairing on the Milliona does that. The attached sketch does that, and so does the Demon fairing, and they do this without being ''bulky looking'' like the original Ducati half faring. So this is the direction I would prefer to go...

Cheers,
Morten

Hi Morten,

Bike on the picture is not mine, it's from the UK, Monty777 (another ducati.ms member) is the owner. I'm planning to build something similar but then with headlights. Please note that the frame on the Demon and on the Milona is different from the supersport frame. The frame on the demon is a modified 999 frame and the fairing follows the upper frame tube nicely. I do like the Oberdan Bezzi design!

Ducati clubraces are 25 May next year! I liked it a lot more than the TT but that's because there's so much more to look at in the paddock and also because I was racing myself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How much trouble is involved in mounting a 1000DS motor into a 749/999 frame? Has this been done by anyone in the USA?

What are the advantages of using the xx9 frames? Weight? Handling?

I did not see any specialty parts on the demon v2 web site that specifically helped in mounting the motor to the frame.
I did like their aluminum shock mount and mono tail section. I would probably keep the tank in place or use an ETI fuelcell though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Morten,

Bike on the picture is not mine, it's from the UK, Monty777 (another ducati.ms member) is the owner. I'm planning to build something similar but then with headlights. Please note that the frame on the Demon and on the Milona is different from the supersport frame. The frame on the demon is a modified 999 frame and the fairing follows the upper frame tube nicely. I do like the Oberdan Bezzi design!

Ducati clubraces are 25 May next year! I liked it a lot more than the TT but that's because there's so much more to look at in the paddock and also because I was racing myself.
Hi again,

Ohh.. I thought it was your bike ;)

Yes, I'm fully aware, that the fairing fits a 999 frame. Please read my first post in the thread: I made the thread to check for the interest to have this fairing made to match our SS bikes...

Who is Oberdan Bezzi? The designer of the Demon bikes, or..?

·
Registered
187 Posts
this is an awsome project idea. I have an '06 749S that the bottm end blew to [email protected] so this would be a perfect idea instead of a complete part out. Reworking my 749 would make more sense ($$) but I'm currently racing another bike so this would be a fun LW bike project.

Anyone know where to get a 1000ds motor? or if the 1100ds from the HM would work?

·
Registered
862 Posts
ubermensch; Anyone know where to get a 1000ds motor? or if the 1100ds from the HM would work?[/QUOTE said:
SS1000 engines are impossible to find. You're only option is to buy a bike an part it. I imagine the same would be true of a HM engine. I have seen Multistrada engines, which have different mounting points, but which may work for a 749 frame.

·
Registered
173 Posts
my own 2v demon

Just to toot my own horn:

My own 2V demon has the following:

748R frame
966 engine
hindle exhaust (modified)
slipper clutch
snowflake rotor and nissin 6-pot
MV brake and clutch levers