Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help on my frame. I'm missing the battery tray and U shaped tube that the exhaust clamp bolts to. measurements or template would be great so I can build them. Everything else seems ok. Would greatly appreciate it. Fifty something views and nobody has a 60's Ducati? How about just battery tray measurements please.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there anyone near Lansing or Detroit with a bike that I can take measurements and pictures.? Thanks let me know

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I've ordered from these guys before, they're good to work with.

Classic Ducati MotorCycles | Vintage Ducati Spares | Classic Ducati Restoration and information. - Narrow case battery tray

If you do end up taking measurements and making a battery tray, realize the tray isn't centered on the frame tube. Ask me how I know...

I haven't got a scrambler frame but do have Monza frame I'm working with. Are you talking about the tube with the passenger peg mounts? I don't know of anything the clamp bolts to... but the mounting bracket is held on with the passenger peg on a Monza.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for responding. Every scrambler I've looked at online has the exhaust clamp going to the U shaped bracket on the right side. The left side doesn't have anything bolted to it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could still some measurements of locating the battery tray. I have one on order I blasted the frame can just barley see where the original was just want to be certain. I don't have the original rear fender to use as a guide. Also need the measurement of the inside width of what I think is the passenger peg Bracket. Maybe the length of tube before it makes the bend. Any help would be apreciated

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I looked through a couple parts piles I have downstairs and came up with a couple things you may be interested in?

The bad news is I'm charging 3 times what I paid for the frame they came off of. The good news is I got that frame free. The bad news is I got the frame free because the rear part of it was bent and I'm pretty sure one of these pieces is a little bent, but you can likely compensate for that when welding it back on.

The plate should orient the bosses in the right position relative to the frame bosses you still have. I'd just put a plug between the U-shaped part and the remnants in the frame, then screw with everything until it all lines up. The good news is you're not trying to align the swingarm bushings or anything…

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow nice let me know when I can pick this stuff up thanks a lot. 248-866-3184 Kevin. I do field work on construction equipment so I drive all over lower Michigan. I do have a job in saline on Tuesday so let me know what works good for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts