Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a ducati mach1s race bike with campagnolo disc brakes , and i am now busy to restaurestion this bike , and needed advice ,foto's en information about this strange bike , i hear berliner imported 5 of these bikes after the succes of the diana 4 speed on the circuit to america , any information about this bike would be helpfull to me thanks fred

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hi fred. Have you checked out Ian Falloon's book 'The Ducati Story?' It has a page of information on the Mach 1/S and a photograph. Maybe you can see a copy in your library? If not, let me know and I'll email you with what I have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your replay , i gut the book but this is about the mach1sc with the bubble tube frame , my mach1s is a early type of the early 1964 engine and frame look like a normal street mach1 , info what i look for is how they look at that time when they run out of the factory and there is little info in any books of ducati

·
Registered
516 Posts
Fred,
I am not sure which model you have but I am reasonably sure it would be covered in " DUCATI Gold Portfolio 1960-1973" printed in England by Brooklands Books. This book is a collection of Ducati road tests from various magazines.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
i have a ducati mach1s race bike with campagnolo disc brakes , and i am now busy to restaurestion this bike , and needed advice ,foto's en information about this strange bike , i hear berliner imported 5 of these bikes after the succes of the diana 4 speed on the circuit to america , any information about this bike would be helpfull to me thanks fred
I believe this is the mechanical, center pull disk brake isn't it ? If so, you might want to post a picture for all to see. But the set up, while unusual, was not particularly efficient.

·
Registered
349 Posts
This is what I came up with in a pinch?

Is this what you are talking about?

I also have a 350 M1S style bike I have paper pics of I'd have to scan, but lemmie know if you need those too?

I never saw a Narrowcase anything with a disk, but that doesn't mean they don't exist?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks already for all answords and foto's , the foto's show's mach1s of 1965 and 1966 wich ducati brings these years on the marked , the mach1s i have is a early 1964 model and it got a normal looking narrowcase frame and outside looking engine , the bike i got is better say a look a like as the normal 250mach1 and what i know is that these bike is build for endurance races and more especialy for the race at monjuich barcalona , ducati build arround 30 of these bikes as my information is correct , this bike is build as like the normal 250mach1 after the succes of the 250 4speed diana's in different type of races in the usa and europe
the things i don't know about my bike is how it exacly looks , does it looks like the diana's and the 250 f3 with the 4,5 galoon gastank and 19 inch wheels or does it have the smaller 4,2 gastank and 18 inch wheels , and more details as headlight,taillight,seat enso enso...
about the disc brakes ; this was build on later on as more italian factory's try this on there race bikes , benelli started with this brakes on there gp bikes mid 60's
this is one of the 5 mach1s that berliner imported begin 1964 www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHlbkUPvxQ
i have to ask a friend to help me out to put some foto's and articals of my bike here on the forum so we see of what we are talking

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey mad duk man, that first pic is awesome (i've seen that before). and speaking of frames, do you (or anyone) know where one can get a 1S frame like that?

i'd love to do a custom build with that double down tube frame...

·
Registered
349 Posts
The frame alone would do you no good.........

Look at the mounting points of the engine, it used a Narrowcase engine that bolted in the back like a widecase.

The ONLY engines that would fit that frame would be the MACH 1 S engine.

Considering how rare a Mach 1 S is, good luck finding one, esp. here in the USA fro sale..........

·
Registered
18 Posts
it was worth a shot; but i'm sure if I could get my hands on a frame some decent mounts can get machined.

that's just a beautiful machine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here is a Mach 1 that supposedly came from Ducati through Berliner with Campagnolo disc brakes from the factory. It was on display at the TT1/2 symposium in New York this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
WOW! that's pretty damn cool- Although, deff NOT an "S" model type Mach1-

I see it has the regular narrowcase frame, regular standard clutch cover with inspection window, ect.....

That's an amazing machine- I must say of all my Years of Ducati single experience, I've never seen those brakes?

AWESOME! Thanx for the pics- post more if you have them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ducati Mach 1??

Hey, I just needed a few pointers about this motorcycle here. I see it in an ad and want to know if its worth the $300. Supposedly it hasn't been ran in years.

I just want to check and see i think its a Mach 1?
If it is or isn't, can someone tell me what kind?

·
Registered
349 Posts
That sir, is a Cadet or Mountaineer-
It's prolly worth 300 in that state, but completely perfect restored it wont ever get more than a grand or two-

If you weigh more than 150lbs don't expect that bike to go faster than 40-45mph........

still would be a fun little resto-

I say get it, I would and I don't even dig those things!~ LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts