Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, I had an RC-51 SP-2 at the same time as my 996, and while it was a fun bike, I found it felt much heavier than the 996.

I have had a SP-2 (RC51) and a RC30 during my 998 ownership.

The 998 has stayed and the others came and went.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I really like RC-51s, i've owned two..
I had my first in 2002-03. It was destroyed after hitting a patch of hydraulic fluid at speed while keeled reet overrr. My next bike was my 996.
I bought my second in 2019 as a relaxed, day to day, do everything sportbike.
Which kinda sums up the differences between the 996 and the RC. For serious apex straffing it has to be the 996 for me. It's level of feedback and responsiveness is on another level compared to the RC. But the RC is fantastic for hooning about town with glorious vtwin soundtrack. So easy and relaxed to ride, a lovely bike all around, just not as satisfying or confidence inspiring as the pace increases
A pic of my second, and since it's St Paddy's, my biking hero on an SP1, a big reason that I bought an RC. On that note, I was very honoured to have Joey's wife pour me a pint of Guinness at their bar in Ballamoney in 2005. Cheers to Joey, and all the other Irish road racers, and the spirit that moves them to do what we do!
IMG_0797.PNG
a56d1ba8433ab7cff8cef609708d3efe.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
Says it all;)
Really? :unsure:

I think it speaks more to @Neil66 's preferences more than anything else. I picked up an '02 SP2 last summer to hold me over while the R is getting some service. I literally cannot say enough good things about it.

It is everything the Duc is not... in a good way.

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
Which kinda sums up the differences between the 996 and the RC. For serious apex straffing it has to be the 996 for me. It's level of feedback and responsiveness is on another level compared to the RC. But the RC is fantastic for hooning about town with glorious vtwin soundtrack. So easy and relaxed to ride, a lovely bike all around, just not as satisfying or confidence inspiring as the pace increases.
That... exactly that.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Reactions: ProphetPVD

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
I don’t know how to tell you this but I think you’ve been robbed.

:D
It would appear so... 😏

The reality is that everything for the two bikes are on a pair of build racks...

One of the best organizational hacks I picked up while working at BAC.

Only difference is that mine are not on wheels. ;)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts