Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Would you consider buying the new 2021 Multistrada V4 now that you know the details?

• Yes

• No

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having had the opportunity to view the details about the new Multistrada V4, are you impressed or disappointed? Would you buy one today if you were in the market?
Please Vote.
You may change your vote at any time and preferably once you have had a chance to view the 2021 Multistrada V4 in person.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I tapped out. i thought for sure I was going to get on my dealer's list, and in fact, they told me they'd already put me down for one. Although I paid no deposit, so that may have just been them blowing smoke.

For a little COVID-era no traveling fun, I bought a new KTM 690 SMC R instead. We'll see what Ducati does in a year or two.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I honestly think that the engine is a bit of a technical masterpiece... if it lives up to the claims. As much as I love my Desmo valves... if I were in the market for this bike I would want low maintenance and a smooth running engine. Better center of gravity, better handling bike, slightly more power, crazy maintenance intervals... It’s a win on paper but the “Ducatisti” are pretty up in arms over it. Porsche fans lamented water cooling too. I think they’ve innovated a ton, but it’s a risk. Reminds me a bit of the 999 when it came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@scottieducati
Sounds like a yes, but would you buy one today if you were in the market?
Please vote to get a good sample of responses.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm not in the market, but if I was, the new Multistrada wouldn't be on my short list. I'm sure it's a great bike, but it's not the right bike for the kind of riding I do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would yes! I am in the market, I just can’t afford new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm in the market.
The V4GT motor is a masterpiece.
I'm disappointed with the package they wrapped around it, it's a WTF moment for me.

No V4 Multi for me, now looks like a KTM.
My other bike is a 790 Duke very happy with it.

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
78 Posts
No SSSA no Ducati. Reason I didn’t want an enduro. If I have to get DSSA, might as well get a shaft drive SSSA GS or Tiger

·
Registered
108 Posts
No I would not buy one...never with the current design...

I like the engine and the maintenance intervals BUT:.

The loss of the single sided swingarm, the 19 inch front wheel, and the 170 rear tire, all make this motorcycle a non starter for me.

I can wait a few years because I own a 1260 MTS. BUT when it comes time to replace that bike, if there were no changes, I would look at other bikes...2020 I should have expected this ...maybe they will have a V4 Supersport with hard luggage in the future

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I was shopping for a bike, I'd consider it but it would be far from a lock. I love my 2017 MTS but the more I read about this bike on various sites, the less inclined I am to buy one. However, I think I'm a few years away from replacing my 2017 anyway

·
Registered
168 Posts
I reckon it will be a hell of a bike.......but the two redundant cylinders put me off. I have had a lot of bikes, singles, twins, triples, fours, even one six, but I tend to like a twins' "feel" more than the multis. I hope Ducati continues with the L twin in the Multi range.
Cheers, Steve ('13MTS ST, 1150GS, R100S)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I reckon it will be a hell of a bike.......but the two redundant cylinders put me off. I have had a lot of bikes, singles, twins, triples, fours, even one six, but I tend to like a twins' "feel" more than the multis. I hope Ducati continues with the L twin in the Multi range.
Cheers, Steve ('13MTS ST, 1150GS, R100S)
It’s my first Ducati so I guess I’m not a purest like everyone else, I’ve wanted a Ducati for probably 15 years but riding mostly Harley V twins with a Road Glide in the garage, had a few other brands, Moto Guzzi, Triumph but never pulled the trigger on a Ducati. When I read the specs of the new engine, valve springs in this new engine so no valve adjustment until 35K miles doesn’t have the same maintenance intervals as the previous model, I’m intrigued by the radar and 170 hp, why not you only live once. The wife said, ohh it seems so safe you should get one, that’s all I had to hear...

·
Registered
- 2020 Multistrada 1260S GT
106 Posts
Still ugly, still a no

Everyone in here saying they are going somewhere else, I’d just recommend go and find a 2019/2020 1260S for a discount and get a great bike.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Don't forget to vote on the Poll Survey at the top of this thread for us to get a good pulse on sentiment.
You will physically have to left click on your mouse button to vote.
I regretfully apologize for this inconvenience as mail-in ballots are not yet available on this platform.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts