Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my next purchase won't be a Ducati. My current Pathfinder is just shy of 300k miles on it, so I've been starting to look around to see what I want to replace it with. I was thinking about the 4Runner but was waiting for the reveal of the new Bronco and I think this just might be it. Have to wait until April 2021 to see what one looks like in person, but it just became my first choice.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Not a fan of new cars but that’s kind of cool does remind me of the original Bronco. Now if it was turbo diesel or A supercharged coyote.

Reactions: Namor

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I’m a Jeep guy but I do like the new Bronco. Does it have any decent power train options ?

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
1.3,2.3,or v6 all turbo & would you believe a manual trans option.no diesel yet.$$$ starting around $29k.
Wait... what? A manual transmission? If that's true, this will be my next SUV when it is time to move on from the H3.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I'll post a picture when I get it. I am picking this sweet ride up in a month or two. (identical to picture) 8mpg

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks pretty cool!
But now with the Wrangler offering a turbo-diesel option, not sure it I'd go for the Bronco. Even though it does look a lot better than the Wrangler from the pictures....

·
Administrator
12,358 Posts
I am a straight axle fan so I am waiting to see how it performs when it rolls out to the public. We have a Wrangler Rubicon that I love and we actually use it off road including rock crawling at least 2 weekends per month.

Reactions: Metman

·
Señor Member
8,201 Posts
They did a decent job capturing the styling of the original Bronco.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, they are putting a manual in some of the versions. It is a 7-speed (Getrag) with a crawler gear. There is talk of a "WartHog" Edition, kind of like a Bronco version of the Raptor. I am hesitant to say much because it seems like know one has the exact details of what will be available. With Jeep putting a V8 hemi in the Wrangler, who knows. Maybe the Warthog will get the coyote V8.

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Hands down the best 4WD vehicle I've ever been in, and I've not driven anything but for 23 years now. H3 Adventure/5 speed manual with the Off Road Package...

I ended up with this because after my 4 Runner finally departed this earth I found that there were no SUV's with manual transmissions other than the Land Rover Defender and the H3. As the Defender was "just a tad" out of my price range, a week long rental of one of these pretty much sealed the deal.

Driving in a full on blizzard in the 4Runner was a nerve wracking experience... this thing however just seemed to take it in stride. No big deal. It weighs in at almost 1600 lbs more than my 4Runner, which was a '97, in a physically smaller package. To call it stable would be an understatement. It literally feels like it would take an act of god to knock this off track.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hands down the best 4WD vehicle I've ever been in, and I've not driven anything but for 23 years now. H3 Adventure/5 speed manual with the Off Road Package...
View attachment 989563
I ended up with this because after my 4 Runner finally departed this earth I found that there were no SUV's with manual transmissions other than the Land Rover Defender and the H3. As the Defender was "just a tad" out of my price range, a week long rental of one of these pretty much sealed the deal.

Driving in a full on blizzard in the 4Runner was a nerve wracking experience... this thing however just seemed to take it in stride. No big deal. It weighs in at almost 1600 lbs more than my 4Runner, which was a '97, in a physically smaller package. To call it stable would be an understatement. It literally feels like it would take an act of god to knock this off track.
Nice!
What’s the engine on it? Gasoline or diesel? I imagine it isn’t a mpg role model (unless its diesel), what mileage are you getting on it?
How easy/difficult is to find proper mechanics and parts?
This is one of the toys I have on my toy-list

·
Premium Member
12,254 Posts
Go here AEV (American Expedition Vehicles) with deep pockets, Jeep builds parts galore . Engine swaps gears wheels Everything. Detroit too.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I recently read (as in yesterday) Broncos are sold out. You now get put on waiting list. Ive got 2 years of recovery to get over. By the time Ill be ready, Ill buy a used one.

Reactions: scott

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Nice!
What’s the engine on it? Gasoline or diesel? I imagine it isn’t a mpg role model (unless its diesel), what mileage are you getting on it?
How easy/difficult is to find proper mechanics and parts?
This is one of the toys I have on my toy-list
It's the larger 3.7l i5, which I think was first available in 2009. It pairs well with the running gear and makes for a very well rounded truck. It's not going to win any sprints off the line, but that's not why I've owned these types of vehicles for so long. Do anything off road, or in the absolute worst weather you can imagine, and it's bloody brilliant.

I get between 15-18 in the city and 18-20 on the highway. Not great, but not terrible either. I have all the service done at the local GMC dealership, so parts, and expertise are easily accessible.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's the larger 3.7l i5, which I think was first available in 2009. It pairs well with the running gear and makes for a very well rounded truck. It's not going to win any sprints off the line, but that's not why I've owned these types of vehicles for so long. Do anything off road, or in the absolute worst weather you can imagine, and it's bloody brilliant.

I get between 15-18 in the city and 18-20 on the highway. Not great, but not terrible either. I have all the service done at the local GMC dealership, so parts, and expertise are easily accessible.
Great, thanks!

Reactions: ProphetPVD

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I recently read (as in yesterday) Broncos are sold out. You now get put on waiting list. Ive got 2 years of recovery to get over. By the time Ill be ready, Ill buy a used one.
That's my plan too. Find a nice used one, preferably in race red or cyber orange in the wildtrak model. Still not sure if I want to get a two or four-door. Just hoping my pathfinder will last a couple of more years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts