Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Difficulty finding neutral at a stop is caused by the clutch plates dragging due to insufficient separation. The root cause is usually air in the hydraulics — so as a first step you need to bleed the air from the system.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Yes on that. Try bleeding from the top by the lever.
Also, it seems the trans may need some break in time and get easier to work after some miles.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bet you have never ridden a Harley. :)

Reactions: motoman2

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled, 2008 VFR800
380 Posts
You're due for the first service... dealer could also do it if you are still having issues...

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
New bikes take 1k - 1500 miles to get everything bedded in... if you're still having a problem after that then change the fluid and bleed the system really well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Happened to me also in the 1st thousand miles, currently is much better. One thing that did work was to put it in neutral while still rolling to a stop.

·
Registered
173 Posts
A little clutch dragging causes that. The Ducati Master cyl./Slave cyl. combination doesn't give you much, if any, extra lift so even in a properly bled system it can be borderline/troublesome. On a new clutch pack there is one plate that is a spring plate, it's there to soften the 'take-up'. That plate soon gives up and becomes flat. That's when you get clutch 'squack'. I started out in the British motorcycle industry and their clutches always dragged. Years (many) ago I developed the habit of finding neutral while the bike is still rolling and it works for my 851 to this day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts