Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
This right here. They need the pan, so plan on sourcing another seat if you need to ride the bike during the build.

I bought one for this purpose so you are welcome to borrow it while yours is rebuilt. The Sargent (my third one across bikes) is sublime. Prostate channel. Enough said.
I bought a slightly damaged seat off of ebay and had them ship it directly to Sargent when I had mine made. I've had 2 of their seats now (and 1 Saddlemen seat on my R1) the Sargent seat is perfect for me.

However, butts and preferences vary. There are people on the S1000R forums who hate Sargent seats and prefer the BMW comfort seat, meanwhile I hated my comfort seat so much I went back to the OEM seat until I bought my Sargent.

If you know someone local with a Sargent seat, try it out before buying would be my recommendation (not practical where I live, but if you're in a bigger population center, it might work for you)

·
Premium Member
2013 Ducati Multistrada S Touring
5 Posts
Using the large sheepskin gel propad (https://www.thepropad.com/motorcycle-seat-pads/) made my 2013 Multi comfortable for 500-mile days. It makes the seat slightly higher, so if you are inseam-challenged you might think twice. Also, be sure and remove the pad if you are going to park the bike outside in freezing weather.

·
Registered
39 Posts
One of my very first road bikes was an 84' CB700SC. I liked the riding position the best. Went to an FJ1200 which I loved, but got tired of the riding position over long distance. Which eventually led me to the Harley.
As I have mentioned in other posts, there are soooo many factors that influence the ride quality of a Harley. (I can specifically speak to the FLHX Street Glide) While the SG is a great compromise of touring and style, it's limits are no different than any other Harley model. Tire choice, shock choice (both front and rear), seat type, footboard / peg choice are all factors that lead to an extended period of time and several trips to dial in.
My Choice in the Multi came from the ride position of the CB, the horsepower of the FJ, and the personal customization of the Harley. I doubt there was any sort of DNA transfer from these bikes when the Boys in Bologna sat down at the drafting table, but for me, it seems they hit the mark.
I managed to get in a multi-day trip this past September encompassing a total of only 1100 miles, and it did nothing but re-affirm my choice in the Multi. Sure, I have a few minor adjustments to make before next years trip to Moab, Utah, but, those are not wholesale changes. They are nothing more than personal preference items.
See you on the road.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
I can't believe you haven't ridden one yet. LOL
The first time you take the tach from 6 through 11 you're gonna $#it your pants!
You mean they go past 4? ;-)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Be interested in your perspectives after you get some miles on it. I am coming off a 2017 FJR which I thought was the bees knees for sport touring and the MTS just took it to the next level and beyond. I have several week log trips planned after we get off the 'rona house arrest but doubt these will do anything to lower my impressions!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Be interested in your perspectives after you get some miles on it. I am coming off a 2017 FJR which I thought was the bees knees for sport touring and the MTS just took it to the next level and beyond. I have several week log trips planned after we get off the 'rona house arrest but doubt these will do anything to lower my impressions!!!!

I am coming off a HD Ultra Classic so it is a big change, I use it for a commuter only got 1,200 miles on it but I like it. Its much lighter then what I am use to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes. enquiring Lees want to know. :)
So far so good. It's gonna sound like I didn't like my FJR but this bike has a different and more lively feel. Part of that is due to the 150lb weight difference and where it was located but I also think the steering geometry is sharper. This is after about 1k miles. I fully expect to do at least another 5k or upwards of 10k miles this season so more to come.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good luck with the new Multi. I hope you love it. I love my ‘19 and think it’s the best bike I ever owned.
fwiw I’ve done 1000 mile days on it and the seat while not great isn’t bad either..

21 - 33 of 33 Posts