Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
From all the info collected through many forums, a de-cat pipe with a stock silencer will produce near 100db's at idle and climbs significatly from there. As a point of reference, this level would fail any "official" race track sound compliance. Sound volume doubles with every 10db's.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I bought the MIVV Suono for my '14 PP and am very happy with the fit and finish. Here in the mile high city I ended up with approx 125 RWHP after a tune. That was with the db killer in. Tech said it would be 7-9 more with the db killer out.
I bought it at sportbikes4hire.com for under $700.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Here in the mile high city I ended up with approx 125 RWHP after a tune. That was with the db killer in. Tech said it would be 7-9 more with the db killer out.
Do you have a dyno chart?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update - Installed the Duc.ee Servo Eliminator plug (by Vizi-Tec) to eliminate the check engine light created with the exhaust servo no longer being present. Worked like a charm.

I was under the impression that the nice screw on cap/part that goes on the end of the servo cable (that Leo Vinci provides you with the link pipe), took care of ensuring no check engine light. However, after the check engine light came on....and after looking at Leo Vinci’s parts diagram a few times.... I see that this part is described as exhaust valve cable “protection”. So, I think it really just nicely covers up the end of the servo cable so that road grime does get in there(And doesn’t prevent the check engine light). Either way, the $40 Duc.ee was simple enough, and did the trick. If anyone with a 1260 is interested in a duc.ee, and not sure specifically where it installs (under the seat)... I am happy to provide pics.

Now the wait until spring. Happy New Year.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was under the impression that the nice screw on cap/part that goes on the end of the servo cable (that Leo Vinci provides you with the link pipe), took care of ensuring no check engine light. However, after the check engine light came on....and after looking at Leo Vinci’s parts diagram a few times.... I see that this part is described as exhaust valve cable “protection”. So, I think it really just nicely covers up the end of the servo cable so that road grime does get in there(And doesn’t prevent the check engine light). Either way, the $40 Duc.ee was simple enough, and did the trick. If anyone with a 1260 is interested in a duc.ee, and not sure specifically where it installs (under the seat)... I am happy to provide pics.

Now the wait until spring. Happy New Year.
Their crimp-on attachment worked for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well....now that’s interesting. You have a 1260, yes?

Were talking about this part in the bottom right too...correct?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a 1200, maybe that's the difference... Mine didn't come with any sort of screw on item, it just came with a split pin/sleeve that you slid over the end of the exhaust servo cable (the steel braided cable, not the electrical cable) and crimp in place and that provides the proper spacing for the exhaust flap system self-test.

Before I put it on, I got a CEL. Thanks to people here I found out you can turn your bike on and off 3 times to clear the CEL. So I installed the spacer and did that, and since then it's been fine.

For what it's worth, I also bought a Duc.EE but haven't been ambitious enough to actually remove the exhaust servo motor from the bike since it appears to require taking most of the gubbins out from under the seat :p

edit for what it's worth, I thought the exhausts were the same for the 1200 DVT and 1260 bikes.
edit2 Lol and I'm a numpty, I forgot my cat delete is an Arrow, not Leo... that was on my R1 (blonde moment, forgive me!) Disregard all of my rambling...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
LOL...too funny. I had a 2014 Pikes Peak, and did the Arrow decat on it. The Arrow came with a sleeve with a spring on it (to trick the ECU that the servo was still there)....and your right, that DID work and no CEL. Thanks for clarifying, I was thinking maybe I installed that LEO VINCE sleeve wrong. Cheer’s mate.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts