Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t seen many posts regarding Leo Vince’s new link pipe for the 1260...so figured I would create one if others are considering.

I was on a business trip this week in Miami and stopped by to Ducati Pompano Beach to kill some time before my flight. Great bunch of guys (thank you Ian) there and ended up ordering the pipe from them(along with some other Ducati swag). The pipe arrives tomorrow (11/22) and I plan on installing this weekend. Will follow up with some pics and write up.

My intent overall intent on the link pipe purchase is primarily around losing some weight on the bike (I already swapped in a lithium battery)..although not against waking the bike up a little in parallel. I have no illusions of picking up a gobs of HP or torque. The bike is already near perfect, which includes already going up +2 on the rear sprocket (which in my view should be stock gearing). I do NOT plan on reflashing the ecu, and believe (after 4 Multistrada’s) the stock ecu tune will accommodate just fine. I realize maybe not absolutely optimal... but still good. If others have hard data which says otherwise(eg runs super lean)...I am all ears. Also, I just stopped in my local Ducati dealership today and got the latest ”fuel mapping” software update... for whatever that’s worth.

Will report back later this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving in advance.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Cool. Please follow-up perhaps with a sound test based on J2825. I for one has a PP also and would be interested in the results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let us know...

I purchased a 2018 PP this summer- traded my Panigale 959 for it.
Was initially interested in the Akrapovich link but a mechanic (not at Ducati dealer) advised to wait till the warranty is over (another 19 months) because apparently Ducati have been having issues with these new motors!? Not sure about this? I hate looking at the stock ugly cat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - installed the Leo Vince link pipe last evening. Couple of highlights:
  • Overall quality and fitment of the pipe is high.
  • Although the installation is pretty self explanatory, Leo Vince gives you zero instructions. What they give you is a parts diagram...that’s it.
  • Pro Tip - although I tried to NOT have to loosen the front header pipe to remove the cat,...you need to. It’s only 3 simple nuts. Made installation of the pipe easier too.
  • Leo Vince give you a nice piece that goes on the end of the servo cable (and a screw on cover to make it look tidy) to tell the ECU all is well, and no check engine lights. I have only had the bike on twice for 5 min each time...but no check engine lights yet.
  • Sound - the thing definitely barks...which I am ok with. DB meter test says average of 92db at idle.
  • Feels nice to have that tank of a cat off there. Combining that and the lithium battery, I have now shaved about 16-17lbs off the bike. Can’t wait to get her out in the spring and see how she feels. I live in Ohio (US), so things are rather chilly now.

8CB00AA0-A556-43FB-9B87-14403E8D3717.jpeg 44E7AA13-0AD7-4E88-9F58-A820183D6CCB.jpeg 868392F5-DCB3-4103-8CF0-574328105350.jpeg

·
Registered
92 Posts
How is the Termi silencer mounted? Did you have that before the midpipe change? Does it just clamp to the pipe? Looks good. I just have stock silencer and it doesn't look good on the Danmoto I installed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that is the standard Termi silencer that comes on the Pikes Peak. Mounted right back up the same way...no change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any chance you could share how much did you pay for the part?
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
746 Posts
Update - installed the Leo Vince link pipe last evening. Couple of highlights:
  • Sound - the thing definitely barks...which I am ok with. DB meter test says average of 92db at idle.
92db is actually much quieter than I expected.
Was that measured at 45 degrees at 20 inches?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Somewhere in that range(20 inches). It was much louder at cold start... once it warmed up and RPMS lowered slightly at idle, it quieted down

·
Registered
746 Posts
I actually started a thread about decibel readings.
I've noticed that any slight deviation from the J2825 standard will yield a different result, sometimes substantial.

SAE J2825 Sound Test Procedure

Using the above, my stock 1260 Pikes Peak obtained the following reading with my Radio Shack Decibel Meter as shown:
87 db at idle
About 90db at 2000 rpm.

My de-cat Monster generated a 97db at idle and slightly over 100 at 2000 rpm which coincide with Mike's Multistrada (decat w/LV) reading here:
https://www.ducati.ms/threads/multistrada-after-market-exhaust-decibel-readings.726907/#post-7036871

20191031_165844.jpg

Also of importance for those using a decibel app on your phone:
These are not calibrated to a known sound level and are generally understated by more than 10db.
Decibel X was only off by 2db although the free app is full of annoying ads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, i must admit LeoVince are strange people. After your post I emailed them regarding this particular pipe and they said, that it is only for 2010-2012 Multistrada. Not compatible with newer. I have 2016 S version and was thinking for LV too, but... Any more pictures would appreciate. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
746 Posts
Leo Vince has a gap in their Multistrada 1200 product line.
There are no de-cat pipes listed for 2014~2017 model years.

·
Registered
746 Posts
No worries. I'm actually surprised by that lack of product for those years.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looking for a muffler for 2014 Multistrada that is not $800+. Anyone have experience with such and where can they be acquired? I've seen ebay offerings and a few others like Mivv, Akro, Arrow. Choices seem to be limited and not too available(lots of backorder). So what are some of the better less expensive options? Will the slip-ons for stock mid-pipe/cat fit an aftermarket mid-pipe like the LeoVince and Danmoto?

·
Registered
7 Posts
About to go with a Spark system for 2016 DVT. They do a collector in Titanium and stainless. Supposedly the standard slip on bolts straight up, so can keep my Termi Carbon Slip on.
They also have a titanium or Carbon silencer if that's too noisy. Arrow system was other choice, but like the look / quality of Spark

·
Registered
746 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts