Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... getting out for the first few rides and breaking in the new PP. Sick bike... loving it.

Question... I have the heated grip button on the bike, however it doesn’t activate and doesn’t turn on the heated grip icon on the dash.

Anybody else run into this? Ideas? I don’t recall it being a software only option... but maybe it is. I suppose I could check fuse.

Thanks in advance.

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
The PP doesn't come stock with the heated grips. You have to add them. A dealer would have to activate them to get the button to work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks T-Bills.... I don’t know how I missed that. Do you know if all of the heated grip hardware and guts are already installed... and it’s just enabling it in software? Or does it require installation of the hardware too?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks T-Bills.... I don’t know how I missed that. Do you know if all of the heated grip hardware and guts are already installed... and it’s just enabling it in software? Or does it require installation of the hardware too?

Thanks again.
It would require installation of the heated grip hardware, not just the software activation.

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
Easy install, but you would have to purchase the hardware. Take off the handguards and the grip are held in place with a set screw. Slide off the old, and slide on the new. Given it is fly-by-wire, the throttle has a cable to disconnect/reconnect. The heated grips will also have two more cables to connect. I was able to connect up the heat cables by turning the bars to full lock and digging around above the radiator. The dealer wanted to charge me stupid money to install because they planned to take off bodywork. I got them to agree to activate if I did the install.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got a set of heated grips off my '16 if you're looking for a set. Pm me if interested.

I took them off and put on an aftermarket set. I didn't find they put out much heat, which appears to be typical.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Previous heated grip models do not fit the 1260. Dealer had a pair which was thrown into the purchase deal but had to backtrack as he had to order the right part for the new 2018 Multistrada.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts