Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to perform this task?

I have new tires on the bike, so I figured I would go through the tire calibration procedure in the settings menu.

Could not get it to take.

Select settings menu > tire calibration > start

Maintain 30-32 mph in 2nd gear for at least 5 seconds.

Tried several times and got a "failed" each time.

It remains in default setting which I suppose is fine, but I have no idea why I cannot successfully get the calibration done.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found this thread which discusses the issue:

Stock Tire Height (200/60-ZR17) Changing to a 200/55-ZR-17 - Ducati Forum

" Tire calibration basically calibrates the wheel speed sensors front and back. When you do the calibration the bike looks at the signal inputs when the bike is at a fixed speed and corrects the angular speed difference between the two sensors so that the TC doesn’t think the wheels are slipping when they aren’t (or vice versa). It shouldn’t matter what size tires are on it, it should be able to calibrate for them all."

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Repeated attempts to calibrate the tire as per manual instructions, 2nd gear between 30-32 MPH for 5 seconds, fail. Select the start, get the flashing ready signal, stabilize speed in 2nd gear between 30-32 mph, get the in progress signal and then invariably, a fail.

Tires are same size as OEM Supercorsa. 120/70 and 180/55.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can someone do me a favor an try to calibrate your tires on the 2019 Hypermotard 950, to help determine if this is a software bug across multiple bikes or a particular issue with mine?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anybody try calibration yet?

My hyper is at the dealer now being looked at for this.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can somebody, anybody PLEASE try your tire calibration function on the 2019 Hypermotard? :smile2:

It will not work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts