Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I need some help with my new bike. I bought the evotech radiator guards and frame slider. The radiator guards were easy to install. I want to install the frame slider but do I need to support the engine when I remove the factory bolts to slide the frame slider through the frame. My concern is the engine will move or something will when I remove the bolts

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
No, use the bolt from the new frame slider to punch out the bolt from the engine mount. As the mount slides out, the slider bolt slides in. Nothing moves out of place.

Keep in mind, the slider bobbins are specific to left and right side. They will work on either side, but they won't fit correctly.

Don't ask me how I know this...….

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, use the bolt from the new frame slider to punch out the bolt from the engine mount. As the mount slides out, the slider bolt slides in. Nothing moves out of place.

Keep in mind, the slider bobbins are specific to left and right side. They will work on either side, but they won't fit correctly.

Don't ask me how I know this...….

Dave
Damn I didn't even think of that. That's a great idea. I pictured me taking the bolt out and the engine falling on the ground. :)
Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts