Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’d you get for Christmas this year?

My kids gave me a great story book called, Once Upon A Cool Motorcycle Dude.

I also got a 2011 Honda Ruckus to buzz the neighborhood with and flit back and forth to @MaxMach’s house.

2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”
2002 Yamaha FZ1

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For Christmas, my adult children gave me this book. The author lives nearby, hoping to get her to sign my book.

Super cool! This Papi is getting his girls out regularly on the new scooter.

2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”
2002 Yamaha FZ1

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Indy, get some lids on those kids!
Great that you're getting them out on the ruckus !
Be seeing you at ECM XI?

·
Bon Vivant
10,490 Posts
Mrs. Claus and her two elves gave me a gift certificate from Fishtail Riding School for a track day of my choice!!! Will it be Club Motorsport in NH or Palmer Motorsport Park in MA...hmmmmm...( Zoom in on certificate, pretty funny...)
Seems like a clear cut case of quid-pro-quo to me...

We dont give each other presents for Xmas but I did take advantage of a black friday sale on a couple of cool Todd Begg knives! (already posted pics in another thread so I wont double post it here)

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I got my wife a Roomba for Christmas..it's all she wanted. She was tired of begging me to do the vacuuming for her, since it's too hard for her to move some of the furniture around.

So it was really a win-win for me...:LOL:

·
Registered
331 Posts
My oldest daughter got me a model kit of the Monkeemobile. I'm done with most of the sub assembly and painting, just need to do final assembly and I'll give to my grandson.

·
Administrator
12,026 Posts
My oldest daughter got me a model kit of the Monkeemobile. I'm done with most of the sub assembly and painting, just need to do final assembly and I'll give to my grandson.
View attachment 978593 View attachment 978594
It is interesting to reflect on the fact that there were so many custom vehicles in TV shows in the 60's but that quickly faded away in 70's-80's with Knightrider being one of the last I can think of.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Knightrider being one of the last I can think of.
That was just so "cool", there was just no room for improvement in the campiness level. :D

As for the book in post #1, they say not to judge a book by it's cover, but that one looks funny.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I got my wife a Roomba for Christmas..it's all she wanted. She was tired of begging me to do the vacuuming for her, since it's too hard for her to move some of the furniture around.

So it was really a win-win for me...:LOL:
i have a friend who tried a Roomba, but their dog had an "accident" in the house, and the Roomba proceeded to spread it all over the place including their carpets. The Roomba went straight to the trash can after that.

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
i have a friend who tried a Roomba, but their dog had an "accident" in the house, and the Roomba proceeded to spread it all over the place including their carpets...
Same... although the guy I know who this happened to is an ME and insisted on disassembling said Roomba to attempt to recondition it. First time ever I turned down an opportunity to help him take something apart, but it sounded too much like it would be a really shitty time...

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Same... although the guy I know who this happened to is an ME and insisted on disassembling said Roomba to attempt to recondition it. First time ever I turned down an opportunity to help him take something apart, but it sounded too much like it would be a really shitty time...
Heh heh heh, I wouldn't doubt it seems like a crappy time, but after taking ours apart slightly to clean the rollers, it wouldn't be too hard to clean the dogshit out of one. I have no dog though...

Buddy of mine in Austin had the same thing happen with a dog. His 2 dogs are O.K., but a new room mate brought a worthless mutt into the mix and it had an "accident." This, even though there is a dog door in the back door leading into a large, fenced in back yard.
Eddie cleaned his out, but didn't want to do it again, so he made the room mate get rid of his biscuit eater...

·
Registered
660 Posts

When I first read this, I read ME as Medical Examiner, but I presume you mean Mechanical Engineer which would make more sense.

·
Registered
811 Posts
For Christmas, my adult children gave me this book. The author lives nearby, hoping to get her to sign my book.

My wife is Colombian and she bought this book in Spanish for our 3 year old daughter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts