Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Took mine in this morning and already this afternoon the dealer called to let me know that it is the throttle bodies and Ducati is covering it. There may be some corona virus related delays in getting the parts, but that is OK as the world has a bigger problem to deal with at the moment. Good that the dealer got on it so quickly. Maybe things are slowing down at all the dealerships so they have time on their hands.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Finally got the bike back last Saturday after a month at the dealer. Stalling problem is gone! Otherwise bike feels the same. A routine check of the bike post service showed 47 PSI in the back tire. Yikes! Now back at 30. Otherwise all good. Glad to have the bike back and fixed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I have the very same issue... dealer cannot figure out... on a 2019 Hyper. Do you know what they did?
Your dealer needs to contact Ducati North America. This is a well documented issue that Ducati NA is aware of. Show this thread to your dealer and require that they contact Ducati NA. Read the thread. It discuss that the issue was apparently an anti-corrosive agent that was put on the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your dealer needs to contact Ducati North America. This is a well documented issue that Ducati NA is aware of. Show this thread to your dealer and require that they contact Ducati NA. Read the thread. It discuss that the issue was apparently an anti-corrosive agent that was put on the throttle bodies.
Thanks for the heads up...

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Did you notice a higher idle? Mine certainly idles higher now.
Did not notice a huge difference in idle speed. Maybe just a little bit. Mainly just seems less erratic. For the other poster whose dealer is stumped, the fix is to clean or replace the throttle bodies. Specific for Hypermotard 950. It is covered under warranty. I am a little suspicious that your dealer said Ducati NA know nothing about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Did not notice a huge difference in idle speed. Maybe just a little bit. Mainly just seems less erratic. For the other poster whose dealer is stumped, the fix is to clean or replace the throttle bodies. Specific for Hypermotard 950. It is covered under warranty. I am a little suspicious that your dealer said Ducati NA know nothing about it.
I would bet his dealer is not contacting Ducati NA. This is documented and Ducati NA is aware of it. My bike was served at Montgomeryville Cycle in PA. Tell Ducati to look up my case if you need help. My name is Paul Norris. That should be all the info you need.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts