Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 275 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Took mine in this morning and already this afternoon the dealer called to let me know that it is the throttle bodies and Ducati is covering it. There may be some corona virus related delays in getting the parts, but that is OK as the world has a bigger problem to deal with at the moment. Good that the dealer got on it so quickly. Maybe things are slowing down at all the dealerships so they have time on their hands.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Finally got the bike back last Saturday after a month at the dealer. Stalling problem is gone! Otherwise bike feels the same. A routine check of the bike post service showed 47 PSI in the back tire. Yikes! Now back at 30. Otherwise all good. Glad to have the bike back and fixed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I have the very same issue... dealer cannot figure out... on a 2019 Hyper. Do you know what they did?
Your dealer needs to contact Ducati North America. This is a well documented issue that Ducati NA is aware of. Show this thread to your dealer and require that they contact Ducati NA. Read the thread. It discuss that the issue was apparently an anti-corrosive agent that was put on the throttle bodies.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Did you notice a higher idle? Mine certainly idles higher now.
Did not notice a huge difference in idle speed. Maybe just a little bit. Mainly just seems less erratic. For the other poster whose dealer is stumped, the fix is to clean or replace the throttle bodies. Specific for Hypermotard 950. It is covered under warranty. I am a little suspicious that your dealer said Ducati NA know nothing about it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Did not notice a huge difference in idle speed. Maybe just a little bit. Mainly just seems less erratic. For the other poster whose dealer is stumped, the fix is to clean or replace the throttle bodies. Specific for Hypermotard 950. It is covered under warranty. I am a little suspicious that your dealer said Ducati NA know nothing about it.
I would bet his dealer is not contacting Ducati NA. This is documented and Ducati NA is aware of it. My bike was served at Montgomeryville Cycle in PA. Tell Ducati to look up my case if you need help. My name is Paul Norris. That should be all the info you need.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to resurrect and older thread but does anyone know if Ducati have officially noted the fault yet of the stalling issue and surging feeling?
Reason I ask is I’ve had my hypermotard 950 from new here in the Uk which is a much smaller market than the us I know but I’ve had problems with mine over the last 6 months which started out the same as many of you explain with the stalling then hard to start afterwards, Dealer says it’s fine, then the surging started at any steady speed you tried to hold like say 70 mph the bike will lurch back and fourth, not misfiring but just a steady increase in speed followed by a decrease in speed.. makes me feel sick.
dealer says it’s fine it’s all in your head...
Next problem now is that every now and then when rolling off the throttle for a corner entry the bike does not decelerate it just keeps pulling hard with throttle closed so the only action is a handful of clutch and hit the kill switch then it regains composure and will behave for a while.
Dealer says... you’ve guessed it!! “There’s nothing wrong and we can’t get it to do it”
Now I know im not insane but seem to be banging my head against the wall at the moment hence this reply to see if Ducati North America have actually given any of you guys any hint that they actually know about these faults & are pursuing a fix or is it just a case by case thing where it looks like some of you have really good dealers. Ducati Uk think it’s all ok and I have made them aware of the fixes and faults mentioned in this thread.
Sorry for the long message but it’s doing my head in to the point where i will probably get rid of the bike.
Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to resurrect and older thread but does anyone know if Ducati have officially noted the fault yet of the stalling issue and surging feeling?
Reason I ask is I’ve had my hypermotard 950 from new here in the Uk which is a much smaller market than the us I know but I’ve had problems with mine over the last 6 months which started out the same as many of you explain with the stalling then hard to start afterwards, Dealer says it’s fine, then the surging started at any steady speed you tried to hold like say 70 mph the bike will lurch back and fourth, not misfiring but just a steady increase in speed followed by a decrease in speed.. makes me feel sick.
dealer says it’s fine it’s all in your head...
Next problem now is that every now and then when rolling off the throttle for a corner entry the bike does not decelerate it just keeps pulling hard with throttle closed so the only action is a handful of clutch and hit the kill switch then it regains composure and will behave for a while.
Dealer says... you’ve guessed it!! “There’s nothing wrong and we can’t get it to do it”
Now I know im not insane but seem to be banging my head against the wall at the moment hence this reply to see if Ducati North America have actually given any of you guys any hint that they actually know about these faults & are pursuing a fix or is it just a case by case thing where it looks like some of you have really good dealers. Ducati Uk think it’s all ok and I have made them aware of the fixes and faults mentioned in this thread.
Sorry for the long message but it’s doing my head in to the point where i will probably get rid of the bike.
Cheers
Your dealer is WRONG! I had to hire an attorney to get Ducati to finally repair my bike. I was told the very same and my dealer wanted to charge me for a throttle body cleaning... at 1400 miles. Turns out, at the factory, Ducati sprayed the throttle bodies with some type of anti-corrosive spray and it causes them to stick. Mine would cut off between shifts. I found a couple of folks on this thread that had the same issue and I talked with their dealer who gave me the scoop. Ducati is well aware of this issue. It appears they are trying to avoid admitting the issue. Anyways, the Ducati dealer knew the cure and I took it to my dealer here in NC... who again... had no idea. The cure is to clean the throttle bodies and fuel track to get this material off... then it is good to go. I cannot understand why a company That has such a loyal following does this type stuff. I bought 2 brand new Duc’s last year. I am surprised at their actions to say the least...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your dealer is WRONG! I had to hire an attorney to get Ducati to finally repair my bike. I was told the very same and my dealer wanted to charge me for a throttle body cleaning... at 1400 miles. Turns out, at the factory, Ducati sprayed the throttle bodies with some type of anti-corrosive spray and it causes them to stick. Mine would cut off between shifts. I found a couple of folks on this thread that had the same issue and I talked with their dealer who gave me the scoop. Ducati is well aware of this issue. It appears they are trying to avoid admitting the issue. Anyways, the Ducati dealer knew the cure and I took it to my dealer here in NC... who again... had no idea. The cure is to clean the throttle bodies and fuel track to get this material off... then it is good to go. I cannot understand why a company That has such a loyal following does this type stuff. I bought 2 brand new Duc’s last year. I am surprised at their actions to say the least...
I’m glad you have said what I was thinking as it seems like the dealer here thinks that the more times they tell me I’m imagining it that it eventually will be so and I will just go away. They even offered to part ex my bike as I was not happy for a v2 and would give me a good deal lol. What I said began with f and ended in off.
Im
Just trying to build up a bit of a picture from my own complaints and others so that I am armed with some knowledge when the time comes for me to speak with Ducati Uk.
The throttle sticking on full chat has become a bit of an issue though I will admit.
Thanks for your comments and Just to say I didn’t revive this thread just to bash the company I just wanted to build a picture up of info to help me with my plight.

cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah... The dealer told me that the problem was the bike is Italian and Ducati had not mastered the fly by wire throttle and I would get used to it! That is when I sought legal advice. Good luck. It is very frustrating to have a brand new machine that does mot perform!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah... The dealer told me that the problem was the bike is Italian and Ducati had not mastered the fly by wire throttle and I would get used to it! That is when I sought legal advice. Good luck. It is very frustrating to have a brand new machine that does mot perform!
Finally got a dealer to take my bike in for assessment and to see what is wrong after much nonsense emailing.
Fingers crossed I get some sort of result.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am pulling for you... a FB friend had the same issue and sent me the name of Jeff Persible who works for Ducati North America. He said this guy is well aware if the issue and your dealer can contact him if they have not figured it out... Good luck... let me know your outcome...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am pulling for you... a FB friend had the same issue and sent me the name of Jeff Persible who works for Ducati North America. He said this guy is well aware if the issue and your dealer can contact him if they have not figured it out... Good luck... let me know your outcome...
I’m in the Uk where apparently the problem doesn’t exist but I’m confident now that it’s gone to a very good dealer who took the time to sit down and listen to my concerns about the bike and he is pretty sure he’s gonna find the problem.
Been a problem since February so I’m growing a bit tired of it all now.
Fingers crossed and I think once it’s fixed I’m gonna get rid of it as my taste for the red thing has become a bit soured.

81 - 100 of 275 Posts