Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annoying as all get out. Worse when it rains. I took the pads off and they looked fine, but I went ahead and swapped out for EBC HH pads. Under hard braking there is no noise. Under slow braking it is annoying as hell. Any time you roll slow to a stop its loud. Any suggesstions? Ive only had the bike for less than a year and just turned 4k miles on it. Bought it new form the dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same thing here, with a 2020 MTS 1260s Grand Tour, just 500 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm going to back up Strega here. I have used EBC HH pads on numerous bikes, American, Japanese, and Italian. I personally prefer them for their stopping power and longevity. They also perform well under excessive heat. That being said, the coating on the back of the pads is tough, really tough. Application of the anti-squeal makes a huge difference. On many cars, pads come with a silicone-like sticker for the back of the pads. Some manufacturers use a very thin stainless shim. HH pads do not come with this, nor do I suspect EBC thinks it is a necessity.
Irritating? You bet. Solution simple? You bet. Make it part of your regular maintenance habit. Like they said about Brylcreem....."a little dab will do ya".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same problem here under 2 to 3 mph almost like a low moaning sound. If I use a blue brillo and scrub up the discs it will stop for about 30 miles then start again.
2019 Multi 1260S - 2,200 miles. Rotors were warped and replaced under factory warranty at 600 miles. The brakes work fine but that slight moaning sound when I walk the bike around the garage drives me nuts

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same problem here under 2 to 3 mph almost like a low moaning sound. If I use a blue brillo and scrub up the discs it will stop for about 30 miles then start again.
2019 Multi 1260S - 2,200 miles. Rotors were warped and replaced under factory warranty at 600 miles. The brakes work fine but that slight moaning sound when I walk the bike around the garage drives me nuts

I should add I had the dealer look at the brakes at 1,900 miles they said this noise is very common in Multistrada bikes with M50 calipers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all of the feedback. Just bought some o fthe anti-squal stuff form the parts store as well as some brake lube. Going to remove the new pads, completely clean the calipers, make sure everything is lubed, put the anti squeal on the back of the pads, and also scotchbright them as well as clean the rotors again real quick. I am very picky about things, so hearing that "moaning" pushing the bike around, coming to a stop and esp when its wet/raining just annoys the hell out of me even though it may not be a mechanical failure. Heading out to South Dakota from Cincinnati in a few weeks for a week of riding and want to get this fixed. Will work on this tonight and post what happens!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Let us know if that worked or if the noise comes back after a few hundred miles...thanks and ride safe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Annoying as all get out. Worse when it rains. I took the pads off and they looked fine, but I went ahead and swapped out for EBC HH pads. Under hard braking there is no noise. Under slow braking it is annoying as hell. Any time you roll slow to a stop its loud. Any suggesstions? Ive only had the bike for less than a year and just turned 4k miles on it. Bought it new form the dealer.
Hi,another simple long lasting solution I have used for years is to use brass shimming sheet cut to suit to act as a barrier between the vibrating pad and the caliper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts