Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Administrator
12,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
@JACKIE TREEHORN sent me a PM and thought it was time to discuss our West Coat Meetup plans. Let's get this ball rolling....
Dates: June 15th - 17th (some/many of us will arrive on the 14th)

Call for your reservation and mention you will be with Scott Faulk. The owner insisted on using my name for people to mention, not the Ducati Meetup.
Rooms are $109-$139 depending on the type of room.

You can call to book at:
800-339-5361

Address:
1220 South Main St., Fort Bragg, CA, 95437

·
Administrator
12,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Many good roads and cool coastal weather....

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Fort Bragg is an excellent choice. Great restaurants/bars, good coffee shops and next to some amazing roads. Wanna hear the bad news? Hwy1 is highly patrolled, especially in Mendocino county. Don't ask me how I know. :/

There are tons of goat roads that venture off Hwy1 into the mountains.

I love to ride Hwy 1 as the sun is setting.

You can spot whales from the road too.

More important than the actual city, it the lodging accommodations. Trying to replicate the Weaverville Red Hill motel is going to be tricky. The fact that we could park the bikes right next to our rooms, have a picnic table to sit on and share a pizza and beer,,, that was a lot of fun for me. Staying at a Holiday Inn just wouldn't be the same.

Maybe some locals can give us recommendations.

June is perfect. In the morning you hop over to the Valley where its 70, then by noon head over to the coast where it's 65.

Skaggs Spring Road is a favorite road of mine. There is an overlook at the East end called "Lake Sonoma Overlook[/URL]". A must stop location. It's a 3 or 4 story tall wood deck/tree house that allows some awesome views. And you get pretty close to the Eagles b/c you're at tree top level. The east end of the road was built by the army corp of engineers. It's glass smooth and race track perfect. And never patrolled. :)

Reactions: complexCarlo

·
Administrator
12,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't take too long looking for whales - or you might be joining them in the water!!:surprise:
We have a cure for that...

·
Administrator
12,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: cb4265

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think I can make the WCM this year. Fort Bragg is a good choice for most folks. However, don't forget that the races at Laguna Seca are the 22nd thru the 24th. A meet before the races further south would be good - I'll just keep on travelin'.

If we are close to the races, I may be driving my van down with bikes enclosed. If that is the case I will be staying at the Pomo RV park and campground (you gonna have your toyhauler Scott?) outside of town. My cousins do business with this park and I feel good about supporting them. As for motels, someone else probably knows more than I do.

I am sorry to have missed last year, and look forward to seeing everybody once again this summer.

Ciao for now. sg

·
Smut peddler
1,162 Posts
Yes, I'm the pest, guilty as charged. I just had such a great time meeting all of you last year, I wanted to make sure I got to do it again. The weekend was the highlight of my year (the last 30 miles on Saturday, surreal). I don't really give a shit where it is, because I had such a great time meeting all of you, I wIll travel. Hopefully the date can be pinned down as soon as possible, so I can coincide it with my company on my move north. That's my only concern. Well, that and the panigale brothers bring a jerry can on their trip up.:grin2:

·
Smut peddler
1,162 Posts
One year I might come over and join you guys.

Craig
Well, I have three ducs. Just tell me which one you want so I can put the throttle on the other side ( I'm assuming the throttles are backwards like the way your toilets flush:grin2:)

·
Administrator
12,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Based on the races we should shoot for Fort Bragg either June 15th -17th or 29th - July 1st.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,314 Posts
The weekend was the highlight of my year (the last 30 miles on Saturday, surreal). I don't really give a shit where it is, because I had such a great time meeting all of you, I will travel. :grin2:
^^ This.

This is what makes this forum so great. Whether you're on the east coast or the west, get out to one of our Coast Meets and join the fun. You will not regret it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm definitely interested, I didn't ride anywhere near enough last summer, but still tentative as I might have to go to Europe to ride the Alps with my son for his last summer over there. Waiting to hear more from him on his plans.

·
comrade moderator
27,267 Posts
Ooo...I'd love to attend this. I know...Focker and Scott have made it very clear that I'm invited and they'd help in any way, etc...
Sumer and I are looking at the financial aspects now. It's not too good coming right after ECM but...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Count me in, any of the weekends in June/early July work for me.
Retirement has it's benefits

Reactions: complexCarlo

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,314 Posts
Don't worry, we'll try not to return Scott damaged after he comes out to ECM this year. No guarantees, though.

You are coming, right Scott? Right?

1 - 20 of 283 Posts