Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I squeeze the hand brake on my 2018 BMW GSA I could be on the side of a cliff and my bike wouldn't roll — and it would stay firmly in place for, according to the owner's manual, at least 30 days.

When I squeeze the hand brake on my 2018 Multi I could be on the side of a cliff and my bike wouldn't roll — and it would stay firmly in place, according to the owner's manual, at least for, yes I'm serious, NINE SECONDS.

Are they kidding? Someone please explain this to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I squeeze the hand brake on my 2018 BMW GSA I could be on the side of a cliff and my bike wouldn't roll — and it would stay firmly in place for, according to the owner's manual, at least 30 days.

When I squeeze the hand brake on my 2018 Multi I could be on the side of a cliff and my bike wouldn't roll — and it would stay firmly in place, according to the owner's manual, at least for, yes I'm serious, NINE SECONDS.

Are they kidding? Someone please explain this to me.
Hill hold is no handbrake on the multi. It is made for when you want to drive away and are on a hill. You can then release the brakes and it will hold itself.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Don't like nine seconds. I would primarily want this feature for sitting at traffic lights/in traffic on an incline. In both cases nine seconds seems inadequate.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Ahh Italians... they make a fast cars... they make a fast bikes... and they make a fast hill hold timers.

(IMO 9 seconds is plenty for a hill hold timer)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Does the 9 seconds start when you release the brake? Seems like enough time if released once traffic light changes

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just curious, seeing as I've nor had this feature on any bike, what causes the brake to release on the BMW and Ducati?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The hill hold feature as noted above is a convienence and safety feature that allows the rider the use of his right hand to do other thing like relax it, prepare to use the throttle or simply scratch an itch while on a grade. You release it by again pulling in on the hand brake or by riding off, in which case you’ll have to add more throttle than normal.

I wasn’t kidding about both the 30 days on the BMW or the 9 seconds on our Multistradas. Both in each’s way are ridiculous. Look up both figures in the respective owner’s manuals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts