Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All!

Finally took off the stock exhaust and put on an MGP slip-on. I wanted the SC Project, but the MGP was similar in fit, look, and function, and it was a screaming deal. So low in fact that if I decide to change it to another later, I won't be upset about it. MGP is LOUD! Wow! Only complaint is that the hardware is a bit quirky to sort out, and I ended up using some of my own bolts, nuts, and washers to mount it. It also wasn't easy to line up, and I got rid of the bracket it comes with and just mounted the clamp directly to my stock bolt hole where the stock muffler was mounted.

Anyways, I'm now looking for a tuning setup. After looking at the RapidBike vs. the Power Commander, I'm pretty set on the RapidBike. Looks like there has been a lot more success with that on the Ducati's.

Question: Is there anything that I'm missing? Anyone have better luck and experience with PC vs. RB?

End goal is maybe a full system depending on how things go. Right now I'm happy with the MGP and getting a tuner, but I can see eventually getting rid of the butterfly and putting a full system on, which likely supports the RB system more.

Question: For those of you who've gone with RB, did you get the quick-shifter add-on? If yes, how do you like it, and would you do it again?

Here's a link to a short video of the MGP, and there is a pic attached:

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have the RB with the quickshifter. I would do it all over again. The power commander is older tech. My bike is the 821 and it is only capable of up shifting OR downshifting but not both. You set it in initial set up. It also doesn't have auto blip if you choose downshift. I believe the 939 has a little different electronics and you can do both. One thing to consider , if you go with a conventional quickshifter which uses a normal load cell then you will need either aftermarket rearsets or the Bonamici shift lever(or get creative and weld something to your OEM lever. Notice how far back the connection point is on the lever. This is my set up but will soon be switching out for full rearsets....hopefully

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the RB with the quickshifter. I would do it all over again. The power commander is older tech. My bike is the 821 and it is only capable of up shifting OR downshifting but not both. You set it in initial set up. It also doesn't have auto blip if you choose downshift. I believe the 939 has a little different electronics and you can do both. One thing to consider , if you go with a conventional quickshifter which uses a normal load cell then you will need either aftermarket rearsets or the Bonamici shift lever(or get creative and weld something to your OEM lever. Notice how far back the connection point is on the lever. This is my set up but will soon be switching out for full rearsets....hopefully View attachment 984866
Thanks, greatly appreciated! Did you experience any issues at all with ride modes? Warning lights? Anything? Or just plug and play? Did you notice behavior changes with the RB?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Plug and play. I did get myself into a situation a couple times where Yamen over at RB America had to take over my computer remotely to fix the adjustments I made. Had to do it a couple times because apparently I don't learn the first time. Lol. In the end I uploaded the "Kul" map over on the hyperstrada forum and slightly modified it. Then allowed the auto tune to make very slight adjustments. The end result is a bike that pulls very hard all the way to redline.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
You can't use the Power Commander on your 939. It has different injectors than the 821 and the PC doesn't support it. My buddy is the Senior Product Manager for PC and that's what he told me when I inquired.

Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can't use the Power Commander on your 939. It has different injectors than the 821 and the PC doesn't support it. My buddy is the Senior Product Manager for PC and that's what he told me when I inquired.

Dave
Well that's good to know! I was leaning towards Rapid Bike anyway, but thanks for the info! I wonder why that is...plenty of other models shown on their website.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plug and play. I did get myself into a situation a couple times where Yamen over at RB America had to take over my computer remotely to fix the adjustments I made. Had to do it a couple times because apparently I don't learn the first time. Lol. In the end I uploaded the "Kul" map over on the hyperstrada forum and slightly modified it. Then allowed the auto tune to make very slight adjustments. The end result is a bike that pulls very hard all the way to redline.
Did you experience the Rapid Bike curing some of the random pops when engine breaking with an aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
2016 Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP
52 Posts
Did you experience the Rapid Bike curing some of the random pops when engine breaking with an aftermarket exhaust?
Mine pops just as much with the RB as it did without it, but I have the full titanium Termi system which shoots flames 💥🔥 let's just say that I'm not complaining when I see a 4 inch flame shoot out the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts