Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2018 1260s seat question

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  suruppak 
#1 ·
Hi All - new 1260s owner and want to change my seat. The Corbin website does not list a 2018 seat, however when I spoke to them they mentioned that if a 2017 seat fits on a 2018 seat, then theirs would.

Has anyone tried or know this?

Thanks,
Csimon

#3 ·
Hi All - new 1260s owner and want to change my seat. The Corbin website does not list a 2018 seat, however when I spoke to them they mentioned that if a 2017 seat fits on a 2018 seat, then theirs would.

Has anyone tried or know this?

Thanks,

Csimon

I’m on Ducati Island at the WSBK race at Laguna Seca. Looking at the seat on the 1260, it appears to be quite a bit different than the seat on my 2016. I’ll see if I can confirm with one of the Ducati people working the booths.

#5 ·
Thanks for checking. My shop put a new Touratech 2017 on my 2018 and it fit perfectly, so I am assuming the answer is they do. The Touratech was better than stock, but not good enough for me. I ordered a Corbin and we will see how it fits.

#6 · (Edited)
Isn't Corbin a one piece seat? If yes, how you can get in on/off a bike? From what I see on 1260:
The front (rider) seat slides forward, the rear (passenger) seat slides backward and then locks at the front. How you can install single piece seat? It's simply impossible to slide one-piece saddle forward (to engage front mountings) and backward (to engage rear mountings) at the same time??!!??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.