Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1260S has an issue with the DSS (yellow square with shock) warning light will come on intermediate while I'm riding the bike. The local shop diagnosed the issue and replaced the Rear Ride Height Sensor which was throwing a single fault code. The DSS continues to come on when riding after the new sensor install.

Has anyone had a similar issue ????

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I've got the same issue, but the shop was unable to reproduce the error. So, currently it is still a mystery. It doesn't come on every time I ride, just sometimes; makes me wonder if something is loose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply... this photo is from the Multistrada owners manual.

Going by the chart the DSS light comes on and flashes when the system is active... sort of like a ABS warning light on a car. If that is straight forward then the DSS flashing is not a malfunction and normal operation.
I still think something is odd and does not add up based on the following:

1: the Ducati tech at the local shop hook my bike up to the computer and the rear ride height sensor showed a fault code. Leads me to believe an issue caused the DSS light to flash.

2: I ask a buddy of mine that owns a 1260 Multi how often his DSS lights flashes and he did not even know where it was on the dash, which leads me to believe the warning light should flash that often.

The local shop is contacting the regional service manager to get a clarification on how the DSS warning light is suppose to function.

I will post what answer I get.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Yeah I agree because I read that in the owner's manual too, but it went for the first two years of ownership without flashing a single time. So does that mean DSS was never working? Then why have Skyhook? So, I also think something is up. For two years it never flashed, now it does sometimes. So, something changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought mine last August used with 8,500 miles. I did not notice the light for a couple months. Just curious.... how many miles do you have on your bike ???

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I have 32,000. This started last summer sometime, so around 28 - 29,000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts