Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Multistrada V4S
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking to my dealer about upgrading from a 2013 MTS to a 2018 MTS. As part of that process I had them check to see if the fuel sensor had been completely revised (i.e. a new part #).

According to my dealer the sensor in the 2018 is the same part number as the problematic one I have had in my 2013, but is revision F. They had only sold a few 1260’s and none had been in for their first service yet, thus it is too soon tell if the F version works properly long term. Now I am debating the upgrade.

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Do you have any way to find out what version is in your ‘13 ? Having the same part number would indicate that the new fuel sensor, blueprint revision “f “, would be a direct replacement for any bike using that part number . If you can verify that your ‘13 model uses an earlier version, you’ll know some internal changes have taken place in the part that didn’t prevent it from being a direct replacement. Changing the part number would have only added to the confusion. Instead, they decided to issue a new part under the old part number.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
It probably doesn't matter what the new designation is. There's been so many 'revisions' and upgraded versions of these sensors, I don't think Ducati even knows what they are putting in the bikes now. Apparently someone forgot to design these sensors to function in a fuel environment, so eventually they all crap out anyway. Of course the revision (47) "F" may be the charm... :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2021 Multistrada V4S
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I will know soon enough if F will do the trick. I should have a 1260 in my garage in a week or so. ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts