Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts on the 2017 versus 2018? It is about $3,500 more for the 18.

I can get a great deal on a 2017, but am I gonna regret not getting the 2018? Sounds like there is suppised to be more torque, smoother power band and better communications w the 2018.

Like most of you, I ride pretty hard. Almost always solo and psck light. No off road.

Thoughts

·
Registered
93 Posts
'17 vs '18 MS

Of course, the inevitable questions first. How long do you typically keep your bikes? What are you riding now and have ridden in the past? What exactly are the differences between the two years? And finally how important are those differences to you and how you ride? With the background in hand we may be better informed to help with the decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair questions...

Now I ride a 2016 BMW XR, BMW'S version of the MS. I also have a GXSR1000 for the track. A to B group. I'm no Rossi, but I can ride fairly well.

I typically hold my bikes 3 to 4 years. 15 to 20k miles.

Lots of San Francisco commuting, mountain and canyon rides, some 2 to 4 days touring.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Fair questions...

Now I ride a 2016 BMW XR, BMW'S version of the MS. I also have a GXSR1000 for the track. A to B group. I'm no Rossi, but I can ride fairly well.

I typically hold my bikes 3 to 4 years. 15 to 20k miles.

Lots of San Francisco commuting, mountain and canyon rides, some 2 to 4 days touring.
Go into your "profile" and add your location. Then, put the bike(s) you currently own in your signature. That information really helps other members to help you, it's also a show of decorum.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
@Redbirdride
Displacement, Quickshifter and Upgraded Screen is what you're essentially buying on the 2018 model.
IMHO, you're only 3 years into your XR for a very similar bike. You may want to wait until the Multistrada V4 is available.
As @Rex Coil 7 suggested, do add your bikes to your signature. It's a nice touch and benefits everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts