Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old HD guy; Multistrada noob here. Please go easy on me. I purchased a used 2017 1200S a couple months ago. The seat was in the low configuration. I added the three brackets to raise it in an attempt to keep me from constantly sliding into the gas tank. Pic from workshop manual is below. The eccentric is missing from my bike. Is it something I need with the raised seat? Any idea why the manual reads like the eccentric is an option? Thank you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This fits into a recess in the underside of the seat to keep it from moving moving back and detaching at the front. The parts used to raise the seat also have the recess slightly re positioned. I would say this is a part you want to have

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm talking about the optional low seat, not the standard seat and it's different positions. When I removed the OEM seat, my low seat did not fit with that piece in place.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
Yea my seat is wiggling some so I need to adjust it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The low config seat stayed in placed without the eccentric. The raised config seat moves around some. I ordered the eccentric and screw from the dealer. Eccentric arrived in a few days. Waited on the screw from Italy for 2 weeks. Stupid me, Lowes, 5 miles away had exactly what I needed for 87 cents. Problem solved. Raised seat does eliminate some of the butt slide towards the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts