Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed a Remus slip on, the bike runs like crap, surges, etcetc...I got both my last streetfighters Flashed and closing the loop and uploading a decent map made the bike 100% better...

anyone flashed a 17+ 1200s? using what, rexxer, upmap? any other poeplpe do that? btw, I am located in L.A. if anyone flashes ECUs....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
has anyone used UPMAP on their 17+ 1200s? if so, which map did you buy, and what improvements did have you noticed ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
has anyone used UPMAP on their 17+ 1200s? if so, which map did you buy, and what improvements did have you noticed ??
I'm looking to do the same thing to my 2019 1200 S, probably via UpMap T800. Haven't found any anecdotes of anyone doing so (Only someone with an 821). I also contacted Termignoni to see if the T800 map is the same as the UpMap key (which gets good feedback for smoothness and power) they ship with their exhaust, but no response.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crazy that nobody is chiming in considering the amount of owners that install non terminioni slip ons

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used a Rexxer tune on my Scrambler. It was a nice tune and really improved the throttle response with an aftermarket slip on (no cat) and a MWR power up kit air box mod. No dyno except the butt dyno and the smile on my face.

I have a 16 Monster 1200 now and just ordered a RapidBike Evo. I did reach out to Rexxer and their tune for the 14+ Monster is considered an ‘EVO’ tune in that its adaptive. The support from Rexxer is top notch too, but someone bought me a gift card to a site that sold the RapidBike, so I went that way. If I hadn’t gotten the free funds, I would have gladly gone with Rexxer. If you email Rexxer about your 17+, David will usually get back to you within a day and he’s super knowledgeable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
installed a Remus slip on, the bike runs like crap, surges, etcetc...I got both my last streetfighters Flashed and closing the loop and uploading a decent map made the bike 100% better...

anyone flashed a 17+ 1200s? using what, rexxer, upmap? any other poeplpe do that? btw, I am located in L.A. if anyone flashes ECUs....
I used the T800 UpMap and it works great! Smoother and very little surges, power is more linear at high revs. Mileage went up from 39 to 47 mpg. You should try it, I highly recommend it! 2018 1200S

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used the T800 UpMap and it works great! Smoother and very little surges, power is more linear at high revs. Mileage went up from 39 to 47 mpg. You should try it, I highly recommend it! 2018 1200S
Thanks for the insight. Which exhaust are you running? The mileage part is interesting, haven't heard that about the monster before but a plus for sure. My first tank seemed like about 150 mi range, would be nice to see a little more.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Had my M1200R flashed by Rexxer.SC-Project Carbon Conic. No baffle. Open loop only. Stock air filter.
It made a difference in the mid to top end of the rev range. 140 HP at the rear wheel.
Monster 1200R  Dyno.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the insight. Which exhaust are you running? The mileage part is interesting, haven't heard that about the monster before but a plus for sure. My first tank seemed like about 150 mi range, would be nice to see a little more.
mine is a complete gas guzzler with the remus slip on only , no tune. granted, fuel capacity has gone down, but the range is incredibly limiting.

·
Registered
948 Posts
crazy that nobody is chiming in considering the amount of owners that install non terminioni slip ons
That's because the majority believe the after-market exhaust manufacturer and don't re-balance the fueling.
Moreover, it's expensive where mapping represents an additional 50% over the cost of the exhaust.
Finally, most have an after-market unit for sound and bling, not for performance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's because the majority believe the after-market exhaust manufacturer and don't re-balance the fueling.
Moreover, it's expensive where mapping represents an additional 50% over the cost of the exhaust.
Finally, most have an after-market unit for sound and bling, not for performance.
probably...but its form AND function in my book.

·
Registered
948 Posts
probably...but its form AND function in my book.
Speaking for myself, the reasons for replacing the OEM (in order of importance) was:
1) Weight savings ( exhaust, lithium battery and a few other carbon bits= more than 20lbs) *
2) Additional 5 HP
3) Bling
4) Sound

Edit:
Ex-post benefit 5) to be able to remove the wheel without having to remove the exhaust

* The stock weighs 17 lbs and the SC-Project Carbon weighs 4 lbs for a net weight savings of 13 lbs. The battery's weight loss accounts for another 7 lbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts