Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, another year's almost passed and I pretty much did what I planned in 2015 for my SF848. For 2016, I'm planning on just three things really:

1. Speedymoto "Underbody" frame sliders
2. Sato alt cover
3. EVR Slipper Clutch

I may do a custom leather seat for those local summer bike nights. But other than that, it's a short list.

What about you guys? What's planned for your SF in 2016?

- Rick

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Oil changes, air filter cleaning, coolant, valves, a couple of sets of tires, a good amount of gasoline - lots of miles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
About to bring the bike inside for the rest of the winter. Planning to get the rear turning signals done in the vents. Will also shorten up the front stock lights. If I still don't like the look will replace them with some small Rizomas.

Sato sliders are waiting to be installed and I'm about to pull a trigger on a decent Rizoma order through CapriMoto.
That includes:
- 08 bar in black
- tomok mirrors in black
- next fluid reservoirs in black
- lux grips in black
- proguards in black

Depending on the budget, looking to add Oberon slave cylinder, a side mounted steering damper and a shorai battery before April. That's when the riding season starts to awake here in Calgary. May also have to get the carbon fibre parts through shift-tech depending on how much I destroy the underseat panels :)

Should be an exciting year!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you plan on using the "Underbody" sliders?
As they were intended - as frame sliders. They're just slightly shorter than the standard ones. But just originally designed to fit under the Superbike fairing. So it's purely an aesthetic preference on my part.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
As they were intended - as frame sliders. They're just slightly shorter than the standard ones. But just originally designed to fit under the Superbike fairing. So it's purely an aesthetic preference on my part.
Gee - I thought you were referring to a slider that attached under the sump to protect it from getting carved off by a bad railway crossing - more than one member has had this problem (Blackie?) I would have bought one of those.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My plan is to finish getting all the carbon parts I want, install a slipper clutch, and replace the rear hub assembly with some trick stuff. And track days, lots of track days.

·
Registered
188 Posts
well my winter build should have extended into 2016 but I finished early. I ended up getting some 803s, TTX rear, powdered my frame and wheels ducati red, changed out my reservoirs, put on a quick change sprocket and DID chain, swapped out my hoses, oil change, coolant flush, and a few carbon accent piece upgrades.

Alot of that was maintenance since I had the engine sitting on a tire, some was aesthetics, and the suspension because I wanted to plush up the ride and have a properly sprung rear end this year!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I was under the impression that they were designed to be attached to the fairing. My main reason for not getting "sliders" is that they are fugly. I would like to see some pix of the "underbody" sliders on a SF.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The stuff everybody does a week after they get their bike haha like an aftermarket exhaust! But what? I'd like something that won't blow my ears out. Something a little louder than stock. No amount of research seems to get me closer.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
The stuff everybody does a week after they get their bike haha like an aftermarket exhaust! But what? I'd like something that won't blow my ears out. Something a little louder than stock. No amount of research seems to get me closer.
Just about any of the popular aftermarket exhausts come with removal db killers (baffles), leave them in and your criteria should be met...if too quiet, you can cut down the baffles for more noise. Earplugs are another option...:)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
+1

Even full Termis with the baffles in are throatier and only a bit louder than stock. I suggest a slip-on with the baffles left in.

PS: Always wear earplugs. Helmet noise alone, even with a Schuberth, will damage your hearing over time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Akra's are not blaring..very pleasant deep motor sound...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was so pleased with the electronic shifter, next up will be a slipper clutch, possibly CNC. Great for those decreasing radius NC mountain turns.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rebuilding for track use. Parts already in house.

- SC Project GPM2 exhaust
- Microtec ECU w/Autotune
- MWR Race air filters
- STM Evo SBK slipper clutch
- Cordona strain guage QS shiftpedal
- DP silicone radiator hose kit
- Fren Tubo CarboTech SSTK brakelines
- SBS Dual Sinter brake pads
- DP ass. carbon covers
- Misc.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts