Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why this expensive bike doesn't come with one is beyond me..

Anyways..I have searched and so far the only option I can find is from Ducabike. I don't really like that one because it looks like the main point of attachment is 3 bolts on the gas tank rather than the frame lol

Has anyone found another option ?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Do you really need one?
I's not a streetfighter or a monster, imo would be just bling on a multi

Reactions: Siddo

·
Registered
280 Posts
The damper from the enduro should work...

·
Registered
225 Posts
If it came with a steering damper I would have wondered why this expensive bike needs a steering damper. Seems rock solid at 230kmh without one

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you really need one?
I's not a streetfighter or a monster, imo would be just bling on a multi
I'm all ears..why would this bike not need a steering damper ?

Ever experienced a tank slapper at speed ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The damper from the enduro should work...

Thanks ! I'm going to look into this..The last bike I had without a damper was a 85 900 Ninja..every street and dirt bike since then either had one or I added it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If it came with a steering damper I would have wondered why this expensive bike needs a steering damper. Seems rock solid at 230kmh without one
Problem with that logic, it's always rock solid until it isnt and the death wobble has nothing to do with the motorcycle, it's physics...or something lol

I am just opposite of your thinking of why an expensive ($27k I think) bike DOES NOT have a critical safety feature..Also why such an expensive bike has a crappy rear brake that Ducati barely recognizes as a problem.

Nowadays there is no reason for any bike not to have a factory installed damper.

Did you read the story few days ago about the prince in Germany that was on a Multi and going by what witnesses describe, he had a tank slapper while racing a car on the Autobahn ?

Germany's Prince Otto of Hesse, 55, is killed in motorbike accident

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I'm all ears..why would this bike not need a steering damper ?

Ever experienced a tank slapper at speed ?
I did on a monster s4rs and also an a sfs but never did on this solid as a rock bike, yet again i never took it to the track so i may be wrong, either way i wouldn't put one on my bike if i had it.
Cheers!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not going to lie, I didn't notice it didn't have one on it until within a few weeks of purchase, the front went very light cresting a familiar hill at speed.

It's not "critical" IMO, but agreed a expensive bike with lots of power should have one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Why this expensive bike doesn't come with one is beyond me...Has anyone found another option ?
Without intending irony or disrespect of any kind, another option is to improve your riding skills. Proper attitude (posture on the bike) like getting your head/trunk forward on the bike and keeping your arms loose and elbows down; especially when getting on the throttle will solve your problems this side of track riding.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If the bike needed it, they would have fitted it. I have hammered mine all over the place and maxed it out in Germany. Snake Oil and not needed in real world riding conditions. But if you like bling, buy it.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Without intending irony or disrespect of any kind, another option is to improve your riding skills. Proper attitude (posture on the bike) like getting your head/trunk forward on the bike and keeping your arms loose and elbows down; especially when getting on the throttle will solve your problems this side of track riding.
Right. There are tank slappy prone bikes and I've shat pants riding them, but the MTS is not one of them. Nothing I do can upset it that much, and I've tried.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I flogged mine at T-hill in California a few times. There's a turn (8 or 9) where after a left turn that requires hard braking and downshifting, you're cresting as you come out of this following right turn at a decent speed, and into a long 120+mph downhill. Many bike's (surely most 1000's) front wheel take to the air there, as you open wide in 2nd gear (I learned it's best to short-shift there). My 2016 Multi PP does it also, the DWC come on but not after the wheel has left the ground. I did noticed the front getting light and I did land not-so-straight once or twice but nothing happened out of the ordinary. I found this bike to be solid just about everywhere. I also wanted a steering damper but truthfully I don't think this bike needs it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts