Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Had this bike since new. I don’t often play around with the suspension settings, but do adjust the rear preload on the odd occasion that I’ll be riding 2 up. My recollection is that there is resistance when turning the rear preload knob, but today I went to adjust and it is basically turning with no resistance at all. I can feel the clicks, but don’t think it’s doing anything.

Thoughts on what the issue might be?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I reckon the adjuster works like a master cylinder/slave cylinder setup.....the adjuster knob being the master, and the housing on the shock body the slave. If the adjuster is turning with no resistance it may have lost it's pressure. Does it go full left then full right without any resistance? I think if you pull it off and send to the Ohlins place in NC they'll fix it for free, assuming it's busted.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it turns all the way both ways with no noticeable change in resistance (which wasn’t the case before). I’m in Canada so looks like a trip to the dealer to see what they can do. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
Time for a rebuild.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ironic given my fear of the electronic suspension on the ‘regular’ Multistrada! :grin2:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I recall the preload knob on my ST4 Ohlin's did the same thing. I was able to get it rethreaded by pushing it in or pulling it out while turning. I don't recall exactly only that I was able to do it. Don't force anything.

t_bare

1 - 7 of 7 Posts