Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2016 Multistrada that was slightly used. The previous owner had removed the factory rear brake light, signal lights and license plate holder. Then he installed a cheap aftermarket brake/signal combo, with a license plate holder that is barely visible. I jumped on the internet to see if I could find something that would work better. Checked with Rev-Zilla, Evo-Tech, Twisted-throttle and several others, but they all have these "Tail Tidy" fender eliminators that only work for 2014 and older bikes. Does anyone know where I can get a good aftermarket rear brake/signal light for the 2016 Multistrada?

Kerry

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm a big fan of the original tail light. I think it looks fantastic.

I did install some nice (and very cheap) LED rear turn signals though. I soldered some 5 ohm resisters in line with them and they work perfectly. They are pretty thin though. They work fine at night, and adequate during the day, but they are hardly noticeable.

I don't rely on people to see my turn signals anyway. I take safety and lane changes in my own hands.

·
Registered
559 Posts
My '11 came with a nice tail tidy installed, but my riding buddies were always complaining not being able to see my signals, so I reinstalled the stocker. Only thing I have done is put the signal stocks in one additional groove to stop the hilarious oscillation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just picked up a 2016 Multistrada that was slightly used. The previous owner had removed the factory rear brake light, signal lights and license plate holder. Then he installed a cheap aftermarket brake/signal combo, with a license plate holder that is barely visible. I jumped on the internet to see if I could find something that would work better. Checked with Rev-Zilla, Evo-Tech, Twisted-throttle and several others, but they all have these "Tail Tidy" fender eliminators that only work for 2014 and older bikes. Does anyone know where I can get a good aftermarket rear brake/signal light for the 2016 Multistrada?

Kerry
Thanks to all. Very helpful!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the CustomLED tail light/Turn signal on my 2016 Multistrada 1200 S. It works great, looks looks good, etc. I did not do a Tidy Tail but simply plugged the turn signal holes with rubber plugs ( used to seal holes for 2 way antenna is cars - circa 3/4 inch).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a brand new factory taillight if that is what you decide to go back to? it is part number 52510382A so not sure if they are the same for all years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts