Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am adding the topcase to my 2016 pikes peak.

I have been searching for information on installing the lock cylinder and the bracket(s) to mount it to the bike.

Most of the links I have found are broken at the mts1200 forum and also discuss pre 2015 bikes.

Can anyone assist here?

I have the lock cylinder that came with the bike - but just want to save the 1 hour plus labor time/cost at the dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
The lock cylinder, if I remember correctly, I inserted the key into the lock, placed into the top case, turned to the right(horizontal) then back(vertical) remove key from the cylinder and it should stay in place.

The brackets just bolt to the bike and rack.

The kit comes with instructions.

·
Registered
408 Posts
My experience with Ducati accessories is maybe or maybe not. I have a .pdf of the instructions that I downloaded from the web. PM me if you can't find it with a search.

Reactions: complexCarlo

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a Givi Monokey v46 top case and the touring side cases from Ducati that came with the 3 matching lock cylinders. Unfortunately the Ducati/Givi lock cylinder was not compatible with the Givi lock cylinder. Different length and diameter.

The Givi lock cylinder was simple to remove. Just a couple of Phillips head screws to remove from inside the case to remove the locking mechanism.

Dave

·
Registered
2016 Multistrada PP
252 Posts
The cylinders did not come with my luggage....however, they should be included with the bike itself.

FWIW, I'm pretty useless when it comes to this type of thing and I managed to assemble and install the whole kit (panniers, top case, rack). The instructions are pretty clear.

·
Registered
2020 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
61 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2020 1260 that I am trying to install a top box on. buying top box from a fellow member here and it should arrive by end of week.

my current need is a set of instructions and may need more parts to install. he has the bracket Plastic base? but I do not see any bolts, or much else.

what else do I need to install and if possible, can someone post/send an install manual?

hoping getting the hardware needed is not a big hassle.

thanks,
anthony

·
Registered
2020 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
61 Posts
so I am missing a bunch of bits. I'll start looking for a hardware kit to install. all I am getting is the top case and base plate. any suggestions? should I just go with a givi install kit? if so, which model? thanks again all!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts