Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing out a heads up on on issue I discovered this weekend with one of the oil cooler hoses.

In the process of installing the Rapid Bike Evo unit and trying to access the front O2 sensor connector, I removed the left side of the belly pan. One of the oil cooler hoses running behind the pan has apparently been rubbing on the edge of the pan and is starting to cut.

Not sure if this is a known issue or what the solution is, but you might want to take a look and see how your hose is doing. My condition is after 12,600 miles.

Dave

DSC01454.JPG DSC01461.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
easy fix is to grind a little clearance in the skidplate... take the edge off the aluminum. Probably smart to replace that hose too. Is all that wiring stock? (it looks like one of them might be aftermarket... maybe forcing the pipe out of its normal position?

·
Sophomore Member
2,792 Posts
Looks to me like it just cut through the rubber sheath that goes over the braided metal hose. If that’s the case, I wouldn’t worry about replacement- only opening a gap up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
easy fix is to grind a little clearance in the skidplate... take the edge off the aluminum. Probably smart to replace that hose too. Is all that wiring stock? (it looks like one of them might be aftermarket... maybe forcing the pipe out of its normal position?
Everything in that picture is stock. I was wondering if the water hose recall would have caused this area to be rearranged, but don't think it would. The hose marked 800.1.185.1A was not part of the recall.

Grinding a bit from the plate and seeing if those hoses can be held away from the plate are the best solutions...

Dave P

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
T-bills is right, that’s just the outer sheath. Make some clearance around it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at it some this weekend, the lip of the pan is already bent in this area where the lines would cross over so they were trying to prevent this.

For now, I sliced open a polyethylene tube and placed it over the oil cooler line between the pan edge. Zipped tied the tube in place. Will give it a more firm plastic to rub against and broader support to the oil line.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looking at it some this weekend, the lip of the pan is already bent in this area where the lines would cross over so they were trying to prevent this.

For now, I sliced open a polyethylene tube and placed it over the oil cooler line between the pan edge. Zipped tied the tube in place. Will give it a more firm plastic to rub against and broader support to the oil line.
I used a large zip tie to pull the lines away from the belly pan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts