Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started out riding in touring mode.
Yesterday, I tried urban. I like it.
What mode do you ride in most of the time?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I like touring mode, but because the rear shock is to soft, the bike squats under acceleration! So sports mode it is!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Sport mode most of the time for me. I go to Touring when the road surface is bad and sometimes when I'm just running errands in town in heavy traffic. I haven't adjusted the damping settings off default, but I think I have tinkered with the preload, although I didn't write down what I did, so it's a bit fuzzy.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Depending on where or how I'm riding, I'll use each of the modes. Most of the time I'm in Touring mode. If I'm stuck in really bad stop & go traffic for a while, I'll switch it to Urban so the off/on throttle transitions and slow speed minute throttle changes are smoother. I'll use Sport mode when I feel like riding more aggressively. And finally Enduro comes in useful when I'm riding on gravel roads. I've noticed that, at least when riding two-up and fully loaded, that the traction control kicks in a lot in Touring, so my Enduro mode reduces that intrusion for me.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
When my '16 was still alive I used to ride touring around locally most of the time. Sport was too snatchy for anything except the wide open road.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Depending on where or how I'm riding, I'll use each of the modes. Most of the time I'm in Touring mode. If I'm stuck in really bad stop & go traffic for a while, I'll switch it to Urban so the off/on throttle transitions and slow speed minute throttle changes are smoother. I'll use Sport mode when I feel like riding more aggressively. And finally Enduro comes in useful when I'm riding on gravel roads. I've noticed that, at least when riding two-up and fully loaded, that the traction control kicks in a lot in Touring, so my Enduro mode reduces that intrusion for me.
Curious what tires you run when experiencing traction control intervention in Touring Mode.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
After two tickets, I realized what my trouble was. I'm now a self-imposed Urban rider around town. :frown2:

(posted this pic up a couple years ago)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 11 I use Touring most of the time for commuting but switch it to Sport when the weather is warm. I customized Urban to have the maximum traction control setting and I use that as a rain mode when it's slick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts