Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Holidays to all....I need to take look at removing the fuel tank on my 2016 MS. I have not done this before but I am dying to get my mechanical knowledge going a bit...Any of you have done this before and if so did you regret it or was it something you felt comfortable doing. The reason I am doing it is to fit electrical wires for new Denali driving lights...Thanks for any info you can share with me.

Happy New year 2019

·
Registered
47 Posts
Greetings back to ya...I did just that this week , and it was a pain in the ass ..first time I dug into my 016 PP and I was trying to get to the airbox ,
felt like Ducati had built the bike around the damn box <sigh> wanted to see if my bike had the new style lid installed, (I did) and also plug and play a booster-plug widget into the lid,
(dialog on that in a separate post) I spent a few hours one day carefully disassembling everything , and laying all the parts in order on a table so nothing got lost, or out of sequence
for the reassemble ...( there is a video posted here in the stickies section of a member putting the body work back on a multi, good to watch, thanks Chris!)

Now the fuel tank ..I sucked all the fuel out with a little electric drill pump , but couldn't easily remove the tank electric pump assembly on the top front left ,
and was afraid to pry or pull too much as to break something or bugger up a gasket ,etc (could not find any info on removing the multi tank )
but I was able to lift and roll the tank 90 degrees to the left and prop it up so as to get to the top of the airbox ...then spent a few hours of doodling around to fit it all back together

I didn't hurt myself or harm any endangered species far as I know , but I did learn a lot , and the next time it will be easier and quicker ...well in theory anyway
and if any one has a link to info on removing the tank completely from the bike , without breaking something.. it would be appreciated to myself and others too..thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Which Denali lights are you installing? I'm considering adding aux lights sometime in the not too distant future due to my model's factory halogen bulb setup :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts