Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question if I may, helping out a friend with a bar swap and before I break something I figure I'd ask.
How does the turn signal/everything else block come off the bar?
We tried with those 2 minute screws but that only took the cover off, any input to take the rest off?
Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
You're going to need a Torx security bit in order to get the throttle assembly off the bars. The rest of the equipment comes off with typical allen wrenches. One thing to understand is that the lever perches are pinned to the bars and you have to get the perches off the pins before they will move.

It shouldn't be a tough job as long as you have the tools.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have the tools, the t7 tork screws are off on both the menu block and the start block but they both wiggle and that's it.
I'm aware of the aligning pins but should one push or pull hard enough to snap them or there's a way to take them off gently?
They look expensive.
Thanks and happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
129 Posts
You can't just loosen the housings and slip them off the bars. The pins are too long. You should have no problem splitting all the switch and lever housings. Just be careful with the throttle housing since its spring loaded and its a pain to get the spring back into position if you take it too far apart. I suggest loosening the torx as far as possible without taking the halves apart. Hopefully the housing will have enough play to allow the pin to clear the bar.

Good luck.

PS: I removed the pins from my lever perches since they restrict how you can set the angles on the bars and levers.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember doing it on a 2012 p.p. and it was the 2 halves that squeezed the bar, this one looks like if you shave the pins you'll end up with the housing rotating.
Too late for the throttle housing spring by the way.
Regret trying to help on this task at this point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts