Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a 2016 DVT 1200S. I have a weird issue. My front fork preload nut which is on the front right fork, turns back slowly anti-clockwise when I ride. It does not happen fast. It would turn back a quarter turn ever 500kms or so. Now it turns back half a turn within 200kms when I ride hard it sports mode.
Also, if I go over a small bump at relatively slow speed especially in urban mode, the suspension drops down with a small thud. It feels like it’s just dropping down. It does not happen if I go over a bump with some pressure on the front. The bike also becomes unstabble at speed which didn’t happen before.

There used to be an issue in the older Multistrada. Something about a gas cylinder in the left tube. If the pressure drops then the suspension acts funny. Can’t find anything on the DVT though.

If anyone has had a similar issue, your fix would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The right leg is the one that loves to blow seals. Have you noticed any oil leaks from that leg?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I would take it to your Ducati dealer right away. This should be covered under warranty.

Hi guys,
I have a 2016 DVT 1200S. I have a weird issue. My front fork preload nut which is on the front right fork, turns back slowly anti-clockwise when I ride. It does not happen fast. It would turn back a quarter turn ever 500kms or so. Now it turns back half a turn within 200kms when I ride hard it sports mode.
Also, if I go over a small bump at relatively slow speed especially in urban mode, the suspension drops down with a small thud. It feels like it’s just dropping down. It does not happen if I go over a bump with some pressure on the front. The bike also becomes unstabble at speed which didn’t happen before.

There used to be an issue in the older Multistrada. Something about a gas cylinder in the left tube. If the pressure drops then the suspension acts funny. Can’t find anything on the DVT though.

If anyone has had a similar issue, your fix would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The right leg is the one that loves to blow seals. Have you noticed any oil leaks from that leg?

So, I am at 25000kms. I don’t have either seal blown yet. It’s been great so far. But I can’t figure out why the preload turns back by itself. Neither can the dealer. I am already into my extended warranty. It should be covered by that.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
I'm at 75,000kms and have just noticed a bit of seepage from the right tube on my 15S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts