Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew from the start that these displays are like butter and I've tried to be careful, but after 15k miles on my '16 I've picked up a few scuffs. Anyone have any suggestions for buffing these back to a showroom finish? Hoping someone has a some real-world experience to share.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've got the same issue. Ordered up some screen protectors and went to wipe clean the display with a new microfiber towel before installation. Instant scratches! Didn't know it was such an issue until after the damage when I did a search on here. Seems some folks were able to get theirs replaced under warranty. I may check into that next time I am at the dealer...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use xerapol, and it looks like new. Just use it gently, since it is made for scratch removal of windscreens, but worked like a charm. Also on my garmin when it had some scratches. But probably any polisher for windscreens works.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yep, at least once a season I hit my screens with meguire's scratch X polishing compound (it's very very fine polishing compound). Makes the screen like new.....:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same problem on a '15 DVT. Saw it even worse than mine on a '16. I tried plastic polish - did nothing. :confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Has anyone used Novus plastic polish #2 with success? Mixed reviews on Amazon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts