Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new-to-me 2015 multi came with the seat in the low setting, and without the risers. at i'm 6'2" i'm feeling a bit cramped and so, have ordered the 3 plastic parts below:
(3) SEAT SUPPORT FRONT: 8291D831B
(4) SEAT SUPPORT LEFT: 8291E021B
(5) SEAT SUPPORT RIGHT: 8291D981B

however, i'm not sure if i also need the accompanying screws/washers. are simply they re-puposed from the existing low setting, or are they "additional" pieces required to install the above parts? and if so, how many of each?
(6) SCREW, SPECIAL: 77214071AA
(7) SCREW: 77214411AA
(12) WASHER, NYLON 9X14X1: 85212181A

parts diagram here: OnlineDucati.com: the online shop for Ducati OEM spare parts and accessories.

thanks in advance, any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
299 Posts
The screws are different, someone who currently has the bike can maybe have a more specific answer. I remember being super irritated when I had to change the seat height and having to have different screws for it.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I have a 2015 DVT as well. The screws are just re-purposed.

my new-to-me 2015 multi came with the seat in the low setting, and without the risers. at i'm 6'2" i'm feeling a bit cramped and so, have ordered the 3 plastic parts below:
(3) SEAT SUPPORT FRONT: 8291D831B
(4) SEAT SUPPORT LEFT: 8291E021B
(5) SEAT SUPPORT RIGHT: 8291D981B

however, i'm not sure if i also need the accompanying screws/washers. are simply they re-puposed from the existing low setting, or are they "additional" pieces required to install the above parts? and if so, how many of each?
(6) SCREW, SPECIAL: 77214071AA
(7) SCREW: 77214411AA
(12) WASHER, NYLON 9X14X1: 85212181A

parts diagram here: OnlineDucati.com: the online shop for Ducati OEM spare parts and accessories.

thanks in advance, any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
96 Posts
The screws are different, someone who currently has the bike can maybe have a more specific answer. I remember being super irritated when I had to change the seat height and having to have different screws for it.
For screws to raise the seat, you need 6x of this: 77214411AA. Reading the fiche I ordered two others that are not needed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! and agreed on the fiche - not very clear.

i'm definitely looking fwd to sitting a bit higher up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, parts arrived today from amsducati (dallas). risers, screws, and nylon washers.

unfortunately, they sent 2 of the left side riser and 0 of the right side. ugh.

i suspect it will be another few weeks before i get the correct part. until then, i ride low.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For anyone that is lamenting the seat angle and the effect it has in driving you toward the tank, installing ONLY the front riser piece on the seat without the side pieces, does flatten the seat angle. The only bad thing about installing only the front piece is that the aesthetics are a little worse...there are gaps between the front of the seat and tank. This adjustment has been worthwhile in my experience.

·
Registered
91 Posts
For anyone that is lamenting the seat angle and the effect it has in driving you toward the tank, installing ONLY the front riser piece on the seat without the side pieces, does flatten the seat angle. The only bad thing about installing only the front piece is that the aesthetics are a little worse...there are gaps between the front of the seat and tank. This adjustment has been worthwhile in my experience.

I saw this mentioned somewhere else on this board, maybe you or another poster...can't remember. I'm gonna give this a try. If nothing else it will give me an idea of how much foam to add to the front if I go that route

1 - 8 of 8 Posts