Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I measured the weight of the right case (the one with the heat shield). It is about 4,6 kg which makes it the heaviest of the three cases (although it is the smallest). I suppose it is because of the short exhaust that needs a good heat shield. Has anybody replaced the shield with a lighter material (which would have the same heat protection).

The problem could be solved with a inner bag (that you could take with you to the hotel) but then the capacity is even smaller (not good with 2 persons).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just removed the heat shield and it didn't take down the weight very much. So I was then wondering about the inner bags for panniers. Have you used them? If you have are they any good? It looks like they are rather small, but how is it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the inner bags and I find them very useful on long trips. They're quite good quality, and they fit the shape of the side cases well. Each side of each inner liner has a mesh "cover" that zips closed to keep everything inside. With this, you can leave main zipper of the liner unzipped while it's inside the case, and use the retaining straps around just the inside half of the liner. This makes it easy to access whatever's inside and holds the liners in when you open the side case. I've attached a photo of one of the liners, and if you can't follow what I just tried to describe I'll take a photo of that sometime too (this could be one of those times when a picture really is worth a thousand words).

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the inner bags and I find them very useful on long trips. They're quite good quality, and they fit the shape of the side cases well. Each side of each inner liner has a mesh "cover" that zips closed to keep everything inside. With this, you can leave main zipper of the liner unzipped while it's inside the case, and use the retaining straps around just the inside half of the liner. This makes it easy to access whatever's inside and holds the liners in when you open the side case. I've attached a photo of one of the liners, and if you can't follow what I just tried to describe I'll take a photo of that sometime too (this could be one of those times when a picture really is worth a thousand words).
Thank you for the info. Are you traveling alone or do you have to fit luggage for two in those bags?

I have looked at the bags and got a feeling that there is empty space around the inner bags. Glad to hear that this is not the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts