Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mounted it today, and it is a good example of bad German engineering. The trick is to put the t piece rubber that goes on the ducati logo, as far back as possible. To do this I taped the support mount to the rear grip, put the rubbers on, and than had to first do the to longer front bolts just so they gripped, than was able (with force) to boltmthebrear ones up, tighten everything (do not turn the inbus bolt but the nut to avoid stripping of the inbus) and that was it. 20 minutes or less if you know what you're supposed to do, took me about 2.5 hours to figure it out. Seems to me that the sw-motech is a better option in the same price range, and the sw-motech option also can mount a givi topcase. Unfortunately I thought the OEM one would be simpeler. Looks good though!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've been very happy with the SW-Motech rear rack for my 2016 DVT. I think it only took me 5 or 10 minutes to install it... That said, the pricing is a bit ridiculous. I think it's $150 more expensive than the SW-Motech rear rack I installed on my FZ-1, despite having far fewer parts :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know this thread is super old but does anyone have pictures of the Ducati rack carrying some stuff? Can it seriously only hold 5 kg??? I think I need to get a rear rack for my upcoming trip to Alaska to add more surface to strap stuff to lol. But I'd really like to maybe mount a 2 gallon or so rotopax to it for extra fuel. But I think just two gallons of gas is heavier than 5 kg already?

How does the sw motech rack compare? How much can it hold? I do like the looks of the Ducati tourtech one

·
Registered
117 Posts
I know this thread is super old but does anyone have pictures of the Ducati rack carrying some stuff? Can it seriously only hold 5 kg??? I think I need to get a rear rack for my upcoming trip to Alaska to add more surface to strap stuff to lol. But I'd really like to maybe mount a 2 gallon or so rotopax to it for extra fuel. But I think just two gallons of gas is heavier than 5 kg already?

How does the sw motech rack compare? How much can it hold? I do like the looks of the Ducati tourtech one
Both the SW Motech and the DP/Touratech racks mount to the plastic grab rails, so there is a weight limit. That being said, I would recommend the SW Motech over the DP/Touratech. I prefer how the SW Motech clamps directly to the grab rails, but it is $60 more than the already overpriced DP rack. The DP/Touratech rack sandwiches the grab rails with a couple pieces of rubber. The excess rubber kind of flaps around and I think it's inelegant, although it does function.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys just wanna let you know that I was able to find perfect and really sturdy rear luggage rack for my 2015 Ducati 1200s DVT. Was looking for a while for some rack which I can use to fit original panniers or just Givi with option mounting extra back rest and finally I foud it and Im really happy with it, so I just wanna share with you. Its made by Dynamic Motorcycle Accessories and you order it directly through their website. Part number is 55XP-DVT and its super easy to install.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts