Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
That’s interesting and 5 kg is not much, on the old one you could carry only 7 kg (I did read now).
I put at least more than 15 kg on both it with no problems…………..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Extremely disappointed but not surprised, after 2 months of getting nowhere I returned the luggage rack for a refund.I've called Touratech directly, they couldn't help me,I hunted down Fabian at Indy MotoGP,he's suppose to be in charge of DP accessories, it took him several weeks to respond to my dealerships request about not being able to make the rack fit!He said they were missing parts,so sent the parts he said they were supposely missing, wtf,same parts they already had!!! Ducati shouldn't be selling shit that have no Idea how it works

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Has anyone installed these themselves? It looks like the rack comes with a new rear end structure to attach the rack too... No instructions are included. Just trying to determine what is involved if anyone has completed this install themselves.

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you are referring to the OEM rear rack, here's a few of pictures that may help.

·
Registered
157 Posts
No, not this one (I think). Read the early posts.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can it be that difficult, it are four screws.

Do you have photo's from your parts"?

Attachments

• 525.6 KB Views: 381
  • 524.7 KB Views: 548
  • 695.2 KB Views: 488
  • 713.7 KB Views: 799

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you are referring to the OEM rear rack, here's a few of pictures that may help.

Made the same mistake as me :)

There is another luggage rack that is mean to simply tie things to, not the one for the Givi case.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Can it be that difficult, it are four screws.

Do you have photo's from your parts"?
The 15 Rear end only has 2 screw holes, and it comes with new plastic rail handles to adapt. I'll take photos later, but appreciate you guys trying...

Thanks...

·
Registered
25 Posts
so, where do i put the two pieces of rubber that appear to mount between the stock rack and the new one?? Do I need them??

·
Registered
157 Posts
so, where do i put the two pieces of rubber that appear to mount between the stock rack and the new one?? Do I need them??
Please post a photo and I will look?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes, the rubbers are mounted:

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts

Does anyone know if you can get the "Kit" without the top case itself?

IE, I already have multiple Givi Cases as it is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get the "Kit" without the top case itself?

IE, I already have multiple Givi Cases as it is.
My dealer told me "no," only with the case. I guess you could wait for Givi to release it for sale, or buy the case and rack, then sell the case. Lots of peeps would want it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My dealer told me "no," only with the case. I guess you could wait for Givi to release it for sale, or buy the case and rack, then sell the case. Lots of peeps would want it.
Revzilla.com sells the mounting plate but not sure if they have the DVT specific hardware need to mount the plate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Revzilla.com sells the mounting plate but not sure if they have the DVT specific hardware need to mount the plate.
I talked w/ my dealer on Saturday about this and they told me "yes" but, the cost of buying the mounting hardware by itself (~$340) might only worth it if you already have a Givi case you want to reuse. (That's not the 'case' (hah!) for me. ) I was quoted $720 for the whole Ducati-branded assembly color-matched.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts