Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody install one these yet?It's made by Touratech, comes with no instructions,I called the dealership they haven't seen 1 yet.That being said the parts are simple to figure out, but the rack itself is virtually impossible to slip over the seat grab rail without scratching it,or bending the shit out of the rack.I've tried Touratech but no answer yet!I have installed a lot racks over the years this is possibly the most frustrating pos that I have seen!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anybody install one these yet?It's made by Touratech, comes with no instructions,I called the dealership they haven't seen 1 yet.That being said the parts are simple to figure out, but the rack itself is virtually impossible to slip over the seat grab rail without scratching it,or bending the shit out of the rack.I've tried Touratech but no answer yet!I have installed a lot racks over the years this is possibly the most frustrating pos that I have seen!!!!!
It's made by Givi. Here is the manual.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Are you sure it's made for the DVT and not the prior generation. I know of other instances where catalogs are listing 2015 MTS model year fitting a part only assuming it does when in fact there are design differences.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is definitely not the 2015 mount
And which motorbike do you see it there under?

Outrider asked a question how to mount this rack but now we have a discussion....... :confused:

Attachments

Reactions: Ecoyne

·
Registered
157 Posts
The rear top case? It's Givi on the DVT. I have it and mounted it myself with the manual I posted.
We know, but the question is about the rear luggage rack. :nerd:

·
Registered
19 Posts
My DVT came fitted with the original Givi (Ducati) top box and the Givi rear luggage rack - the big plastic platform.

I have to say, the Touratech looks nice! What top box can be mounted on this? Any?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
None....these are two completely different options for different reasons.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I stand corrected... looks really nice.

Is this just to mount luggage on?

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I stand corrected... looks really nice.

Is this just to mount luggage on?
Or Rotopax, or 12 packs of your favorite beverage, or coolers for road tripping, etc.

Kills me that the Pelican hard case (that I can lock) I want to purchase is $70, yet the aluminum rack to hold it costs $270! Yikes.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Does the Ducati DVT top case fit on this rack or is it for a third party top case? This rack is different than the one that came with my Ducati case (I think I have the one that comes with the Urban package). I like this rack becasue it does not cover the Ducati logo.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Touratech rack is not braced like the Givi, so take care with how much you load onto it.

Altrider has a Givi mounting kit for their luggage rack (also not braced), that looks pretty cool. They don't make a rack for the DVT yet though.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
FYI...Bang Fabrication will have their rack for the DVT soon. I contacted them...and they said it will be ready in a month or so.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Touratech rack is not braced like the Givi, so take care with how much you load onto it.
Can you explain what the difference is in bracing between this rack and the Givi?

And also where did you find that you must take care with how much load you put onto it, how many kilograms can it be then?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Can you explain what the difference is in bracing between this rack and the Givi?

And also where did you find that you must take care with how much load you put onto it, how many kilograms can it be then?
The Givi rack has braces under the rack and seat that bolt under the seat, about half-way. There are pics out there of this. Also, their (conservative) weight limits should be on the pages selling the various racks.

I'm very happy with the Givi rack, it seems very stable and solid.

Sorry I can't provide pics or more details, I'm away from the bike and traveling.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts