Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my Sargent seat. It's much flatter and doesn't throw you into the tank. I don't think it's any taller but definitely a little wider so it's a little harder to reach the ground. I only have about 35 miles on it so far but my first impression is that it's a lot more comfortable than the stock seat. It also looks great.

·
Registered
869 Posts
What did the sergeant seat upgrade cost?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just got my Sargent seat. It's much flatter and doesn't throw you into the tank. I don't think it's any taller but definitely a little wider so it's a little harder to reach the ground. I only have about 35 miles on it so far but my first impression is that it's a lot more comfortable than the stock seat. It also looks great.
I want to check in and see you how you like the seat after a couple of months. Also wondering if you ordered the seat stock or did you have any requests with the order.

I hate the stock seat, the comfort seat is not much better. I'm used to having some movement, this thing is like sitting in a sling.

·
Registered
230 Posts
For anyone that has the DP Comfort seat, is it any flatter then the stock seat? The only issue I have with the stock seat is it is sloped towards the tank.....drives me nuts after an hour or so.

·
Registered
468 Posts
For anyone that has the DP Comfort seat, is it any flatter then the stock seat? The only issue I have with the stock seat is it is sloped towards the tank.....drives me nuts after an hour or so.

It’s flatter than stock, especially in the high position. But I don’t think it’s flat enough. I still fight gravity pulling me down and into the tank. Sooner or later, I’m going to have someone reshape it or just get a different seat if I find one I’m confident in.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It’s flatter than stock, especially in the high position. But I don’t think it’s flat enough. I still fight gravity pulling me down and into the tank. Sooner or later, I’m going to have someone reshape it or just get a different seat if I find one I’m confident in.
Thanks...Probably just going to wait until winter and send my stock seat to Sargent. :wink2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone done a Russell day long seat on these bikes? They are very comfy, but im sure would take away some of the sporty nature of the bike. I need. to figure out a way to make this seat more comfortable. I'm dying at about 70 miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went with the Duca bike cover on my '17 1200S Touring and I find it much better then stock. The jell inserts do give more comfort and I'm not sliding into the tank now. My seat is in the high position due to my RapidBike EVO install under the seat needing extra clearance.I offered my bike and seat to Sargent as a mule as I'm only 90 miles away from them but never heard back from them.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I put a Russell Daylong seat on my 2016 MTS. They recommended the sport seat for the MTS because it fits better and is closer the height of the stock seat.

I had a Russell Daylong on my prior bike and really loved it.

The sport seat for the MTS took several (free) adjustments to get it to fit me right, but your experience may differ. The seat is very comfortable for all day rides. I've logged 10+ hour days with no discomfort at all. Unlike both the stock and comfort seats, which maxed out in less than 2 hrs. for me. Plus, I can ride comfortably for day after day on long distance tours with no discomfort on the Russell.

But a warning for those of us who are inseam challenged. Russell says the sport seat will add about 1/2 " to the stock seat height after it's broken in. (Break-in can take 500-1,00 mi.) That may be true but it's misleading. The seat has wings to support your thighs, and that forces your legs out from the seat before they can bend. Because of the shape of the seat, you lose about 2" of ground reach. The "height" may be 1/2 " higher than stock but the "reach" makes it feel much higher.

I sent the seat back to shave the wings down and that helped a bit, but not enough. I sent it back a second time and consulted with the builder who was shaping the seat; he modified it to fit me better.

But with these two adjustments, I still struggle to reach the ground at stops and have to lean the bike like a dirt bike. Not a big issue when riding alone w/o luggage, but a real challenge when the bike is packed for camping or when carrying a passenger. When riding with my wife, I swap seats for the comfort seat to get lower to the ground.

I'm 5'6" with a 31" inseam.

Bottom line: The Russell is light years better than stock or the DP comfort seat; once you're rolling, you can ride all day without pressure points. If your inseam is >= 33", the seat height and reach should not be an issue at all. You'll probably be okay with an inseam of 32", but may have to stretch depending on your boots.

And for the inseam challenged, try my solution. I dialed back the preload on Touring mode to its lowest setting, and that seemed to lower the suspension a bit. I've left it there for the past six months and never had a hint of bottoming out or handling issues. If I go off road, I'll use Enduro mode with the preload at its default setting.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Sargent

I had the Sargent upgrade done to my 2018 1260 seat. I just got back from an 8800 mile trip on it, and I can say that I like it. The longest day I rode was only 668 miles, but the seat was pretty decent for that long.

I also have a Corbin, which may be more comfortable yet, but it is waaay too tall, and you sit ON the bike instead of IN the bike. The Sargent you still sit in the bike. It cost me about $350, and I think it is worth it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had the Sargent upgrade done to my 2018 1260 seat. I just got back from an 8800 mile trip on it, and I can say that I like it. The longest day I rode was only 668 miles, but the seat was pretty decent for that long.

I also have a Corbin, which may be more comfortable yet, but it is waaay too tall, and you sit ON the bike instead of IN the bike. The Sargent you still sit in the bike. It cost me about $350, and I think it is worth it.
Good to hear! I am going that route as soon as the weather turns to crap....:wink2:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Has anyone done the Sargent with heat for the DVT? I had a heated seat on the GS, and while I liked both the heat and the Sargent contour, the seat itself was hard. Might not have been an issue with some more (m)ass, but mine got uncomfortable relatively quickly. Hate to go that route if I'm going to make things worse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts