21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pics

Here are some pics of mine. The left and right side are basically the same - no cutout for the muffler on the right side. I also confirmed that I have part number 96780521A, as I was wondering if maybe I was sold the ones for pre-2015 bikes instead of 2015 bikes. The Ducati website says 96780521A is for 2015.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here are some pics of mine. The left and right side are basically the same - no cutout for the muffler on the right side. I also confirmed that I have part number 96780521A, as I was wondering if maybe I was sold the ones for pre-2015 bikes instead of 2015 bikes. The Ducati website says 96780521A is for 2015.
Actually, I just had a closer look and the right side bag is narrower than the left one :surprise:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Chris,

What size do you find fits best for the right and left panniers?

Thanks

I was responding directly to this question, to which ChrisE had already responded.

Jewcati, they go from 1L to 20L sizes. I've just kept an eye out and buy them on sale. Now I use them in my office backpack, in the car, on trips by air, etc.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've got a couple of stuff sacks, but haven't size one that would fit the side bags or top box. I have a set of bags from my Goldwing that seem to be a pretty good fit.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Do the panniers come off as easy as the top case? I have a set on order and anticipate removing them and bringing into the hotel when traveling. If not I guess a set of liners are on the shopping list.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yes, very easy to put on and take off.

·
Premium Member
2,423 Posts
Really easier to carry soft bags into hotel. I can carry three in one hand. Shoulder straps would help even more. Leaving hard bags on the bike allows me to leave the tools, helmet, gloves, etc. securely with the bike. Good investment for me. YMMV :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
La_stu thanks for the detail photos

That looks pretty bare and no thought in design to me in utility when the liners are inside the handbags.

Check out my 12 year old FJR liners and they have flay that opens on top and give the convenience of quickly opening at pit stops and very good access without splitting open or from edge. ImageUploadedByMO Free1436761257.951599.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1436761268.573149.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1436761282.013463.jpg

Wish come one like Cee baileys makes better covers

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chris,

What size do you find fits best for the right and left panniers?

Thanks
I would be interested in this as well as I've been shopping for compression/dry packs to put inside the panniers. I see the combined size for both panniers is 58L. Does anyone know the rough dimensions LxWxH? I am thinking a 30L bag should fit when compressed but since I do not have my bike yet I cannot measure.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Really easier to carry soft bags into hotel. I can carry three in one hand. Shoulder straps would help even more. Leaving hard bags on the bike allows me to leave the tools, helmet, gloves, etc. securely with the bike. Good investment for me. YMMV :)
+1000. I had Bestem pannier liners and the Ducati topcase bag for my 2014 PP with ducati panniers & topcase, on my cross country ride. Was fantastic to park the bike, pop the bags out, put the bike on the center stand and lock it up and just hit the hotel. Totally worth the $$. The Bestems are nice but I'd probably opt for all Ducati liners if I get a DVT.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I would be interested in this as well as I've been shopping for compression/dry packs to put inside the panniers. I see the combined size for both panniers is 58L. Does anyone know the rough dimensions LxWxH? I am thinking a 30L bag should fit when compressed but since I do not have my bike yet I cannot measure.

I bought two of these 40L duffel bags from REI. When packed a little over 3/4 full they press into the DVT panniers very easily. If packed tight they will not fit. They also fold into themselves making them easier to store when not in use.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Anyone have the approximate dimensions of the Ducati branded liners? I came across various versions of aftermarket liners for different manufacturers from a company named Bestem. They have ones for the MTS but it does not stipulate year. They also have many others for BMW, etc. that are very close in size.

I linked the MTS ones below but I would go generic if the fit and price is right.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Saddlebag Liners Sideliners with Red Piping

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
52 Posts
FYI, I bought pannier liners from AliExpress/EBay for like $58 shipped. Awesome quality

21 - 35 of 35 Posts