Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know whenever I am researching exhausts for things I spend hours searching the internet trying to watch videos and hear sound clips. So, I was bored at work, and threw this video together with some random clips from my phone to help those researching the full termi system. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZscKvpncE

-2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200s DVT
-Full Termignoni Titanium system w/ upmap key
-Everything else on engine is stock
-No db killer/ silence

I dont regret buying the full termignoni system at all. Put it on right after I got the bike. Very expensive, but worth it to me haha. Looks better, sort of haha, its pretty long in order to clear the luggage I believe, easy to take on and off for tire changes, sheds a good amount of weight when comparing it to the stock exhaust, sounds awesome, and the power is there like it should be. Without the db killer/silencer it is pretty loud, however, not too loud for me at all. Pretty deep and mellow idling and normal load, nice growl under normal acceleration, and beastly sounding under hard acceleration.

Reactions: LA_Stu

·
Registered
311 Posts
:) nice video
I did the same as you I was the first to have it in all Sweden :) it's expensive but the bike became so much nicier look, performance and sound
I just love to bring the bike in 1st or 2nd gear around 7.000rpm and leave the throttle I wish my car could have the same exhaust system
Btw do you have any tips how to clean the black smoke around the hole ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) nice video
I did the same as you I was the first to have it in all Sweden :) it's expensive but the bike became so much nicier look, performance and sound
I just love to bring the bike in 1st or 2nd gear around 7.000rpm and leave the throttle I wish my car could have the same exhaust system
Btw do you have any tips how to clean the black smoke around the hole ?
Yah that black stuff is forming on your exhaust because you're not riding the bike properly. That's all unburnt fuel. So to fix it you can let me ride it and I'll ride it properly and clear it out for you>:) hahahaha

I'm just kidding! My termi muffler has a lot of black on it too at almost 8,000 miles. I've seen it on all them. Never bothered me or tried to get it off. I'm sure some sort of really light abrasive would take it off maybe. But might look weird match to the rest of the finish on the muffler.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I could not wait for Ducati to fix the fueling issues on my 2015 DVT so I installed the full Termi last September. I have not had it on a dyno but can report that the increase in midrange (6000 rpm) power is very noticeable. I always run the db killer as I learned many years ago the importance on not pissing off my neighbors with a loud exhaust. I still get better than 50 mpg running at high altitude on back roads. A bit less at freeway speeds.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Actually I tried the db killer once for a longer ride.. Is it louder with db killer than the stock exhaust? Or quieter? I got the impression that it was quieter than the OEM exhaust.
The DVT wih the Termignoni get a LOT of power... I wonder if someone would like to improve it.. I have whe wheelie control 2 and it's impossible to ride hardly the bike is lifting the front wheel all the time After one year I didn't even tried to turn off the wheelie control
I really don't need more power on my bike

·
Registered
324 Posts
I thought that the OEM exhaust had a respectable sound for a stock setup. I did not go to the Termi to make more noise. I think that the Termi with db killer is slightly louder than the OEM but that is a subjective opinion I wish I had had a chance to put a db meter on both sound systems.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I thought that the OEM exhaust had a respectable sound for a stock setup. I did not go to the Termi to make more noise. I think that the Termi with db killer is slightly louder than the OEM but that is a subjective opinion I wish I had had a chance to put a db meter on both sound systems.
One of my riding buddies has a 2013 PP with the "short" Termi slip-on muffler and, boy, is it loud! None of the rest of us want to ride behind him at speed and we kid him about it all the time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like loud stuff, everything I own is loud haha and loud exhaust, truck, dirt bike, jet ski, etc. My old yamaha bike with full akrapovic aluminum exhaust and no db killer was actually way louder than the Ducati.

I think the full termi system without the silencer is just right. Pretty dang loud at high rpms, but idling and normal riding its sounds nice and mellow and deep to me. I love it.

Now I went on a group ride a while back, all ducatis, and a guy had an older model multistrada with headers that just went into a Y pipe. No muffler, now that was loud as all hell. It was ridiculous haha, but pretty cool at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts