Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the fog light option enabled on my 2015 Multi before it gets too cold to ride the bike to the dealership. My plan was to buy and install the lights over the winter, but get the option enabled now. The close and convenient dealership says the lights need to be installed prior to enabling the option. The dealership where I bought the bike, a bit too far to ride in these temps comfortably, didn't mention this requirement when I talked to them. Does anyone know for sure what's required?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Same as the heated grips , so i believe they just plug the Ducati computer into the bike and toggle a virtual button...5 mins at most.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I know the dealership has to plug into the bike to enable them. Don't know if it will throw and error if it doesn't detect them.

Personally, I have them and they are useless, unless you find the light available for riding at 15mph useful.

If you want better lighting, go with some aftermarket driving lights. 10 times better lighting and a quarter of the cost.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have DP fog light and clearwater darla, I personal guessing DP fog light less than 1000 lumens, you can see it yourself as the one yellow, click on the pix one and click on the pix pot up then you can it

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the dealership has to plug into the bike to enable them. Don't know if it will throw and error if it doesn't detect them.

Personally, I have them and they are useless, unless you find the light available for riding at 15mph useful.

If you want better lighting, go with some aftermarket driving lights. 10 times better lighting and a quarter of the cost.
You've touched on a couple of things about my plan. First, I want the switch enabled so I don't have to mount an aftermarket switch somewhere.

As for the lights, I wasn't thinking the DP lights. I had looked at Denali but they are pricey as well. Do you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have DP fog light and clearwater darla, I personal guessing DP fog light less than 1000 lumens, you can see it yourself as the one yellow, click on the pix one and click on the pix pot up then you can it
2000 lumens in each Darla at about 2 amps per light. I hadn't seen these before. You're happy with them?

·
Registered
869 Posts
I bought my LED lights here https://ledrider.com/shop/?perpage=16&filternum=1&manufacturer=17

I wired my lights up with a standalone switch as I only want them on when I use my high beams.

I wired my lights through their own relay.

From what I've learned, there isn't an easy place on the DVT S model to find a live wire that would trigger the auxiliary lights relay when the high beams are turned on, so I'm still just using a PIA switch right now.

The OEM fog lights have the switch on the left instrument cluster and the fog lights can be turned on or off regardless of whether you are using high or low beam

Sorry for the crappy photo

Reactions: PhilDucati

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my LED lights here https://ledrider.com/shop/?perpage=16&filternum=1&manufacturer=17

I wired my lights up with a standalone switch as I only want them on when I use my high beams.

I wired my lights through their own relay.

From what I've learned, there isn't an easy place on the DVT S model to find a live wire that would trigger the auxiliary lights relay when the high beams are turned on, so I'm still just using a PIA switch right now.

The OEM fog lights have the switch on the left instrument cluster and the fog lights can be turned on or off regardless of whether you are using high or low beam
Those lights look pretty good. I like the Cyclops 10/20 combo. Prices are much more reasonable!

And you're right, the headlight assembly is controlled by the CAN bus so the only two ways to trigger off the high beams that I can think of is to either sense the current or respond to the CAN bus message. My plan is to read the CAN bus and turn the aux lights on with the high beam switch. I assume that the fog switch needs to see a current draw on the aux light connector so it doesn't trigger an error on the dash. I'll either use a couple of diodes to trigger the same relay or I'll use two relays. Haven't gotten that far yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

Happy New Year! Best wishes for 2020

I am installing the OEM Ducati Auxiliary LED lights on my 2015 Multistrada but I haven't been able to locate the 3 pin connector to attach the extension for the lights.

In the attached photos, I show the two connectors I found on the left side of the steering.

I will appreciate any help.

Thank you!

·
Registered
322 Posts
On my 2017 Enduro, the two connectors at the very top left, tucked under the left radiator cover, that are together are the switched 12V for GPS/whatever and the "handsfree" gas gap connectors. The GPS has a short, heatshrunk connection sticking out and the gas cap connector has the plastic plug. I have not removed my left fairing yet but I understand that on my bike, the extra light connector is further down on the left side. I recall seeing a picture of an earlier Multistrada with the aux light connector in the middle/front just above the lower fork yolk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok guys I was able to install a pair of baja design squadron sport on my mts 2016 pikes peak , a bit tricky, after i enable the fog light button on my handlebar i was able to wire the whole kit without any problem, now here's the secret , the original light probably the relais is inside one of the lamp , you need a relais to make the whole thing work with an aftermarket aux light, first locate the plug on the left side of the tank is a 3 wire plug. you have to remove the plastic cover ( by pulling a little lever) I did use that one by adding the 3 wire to connect to the baja squadron .....
now why you have 3 wire? the black is the ground, the red is the positive, the yellow is the the one that goes to the relais, (rele') if you don't know what is it , google it very easy to understand , even after call in italy and talk to ducati dealer they told me that the only way is to go with original parts....bs....

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts