Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which Givi Top case that will fit the Key cylinder from Ducati? I have the side cases for my 2015 Multistrada 1200S-Touring and it came with the extra cylinder for the top case but I don't want to pay $700 for the Ducati one. I know they are made by Givi, I just don't know which models this will fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
From the best I could tell, the cylinders won't fit any of the regular Givi boxes. I tried to replace the cylinder from my Ducati top case with replacement cylinders from Givi to put it on a different bike, but none of them fit. I'll shoot you a PM about my top case.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a givi monokey that fits on the ducati bracket the keys look the same and the cylinder does as well. I'd be surprised if it doesn't fit.

I'm currently using the Ducati bag, if you're close to the hudson valley I'd be willing to let you try the case out to see if it fits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Givi & ducati key cylinder campatibility

Does anyone know which Givi Top case that will fit the Key cylinder from Ducati? I have the side cases for my 2015 Multistrada 1200S-Touring and it came with the extra cylinder for the top case but I don't want to pay $700 for the Ducati one. I know they are made by Givi, I just don't know which models this will fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Hi, I am not 100% sure, however, by looking at the attached pictures, it appears as if GIVI and Ducati Security cylinders/keys, are compatible.
The only visible difference is at the end of the cylynder (see Red dot). But that appeas to be an easy fix by using a 4mm bolt instead of a nut. This type of security lock is standard on all recent GIVI Monokey Series cases, and the latest Ducati cases, including 2015.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a givi monokey that fits on the ducati bracket the keys look the same and the cylinder does as well. I'd be surprised if it doesn't fit.

I'm currently using the Ducati bag, if you're close to the hudson valley I'd be willing to let you try the case out to see if it fits.
Thanks, where is Hudson Valley?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts