Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Rapid Bike Evo use in the 2015-2017 DVT

• I installed the Rapid Bike Evo and I am now happy with the fueling, no flat spot.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I installed the Rapid Bike Evo and didn't notice any improvement.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I did nothing and I am happy with the performance of the engine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did a Dyno test and reprogrammed the ECU to solve the fueling issues.

• I used another piggyback system such as the Power Commander V and I am now happy with the fueling.

• I haven't modifed anything, but I feel like I need/want to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep going back and forth on trying to decide if I really need to install the Rapid Bike EVO on my 2016 Multistrada 1200. The flat spot in the power curve is really only noticeable to me in first gear and even that depends on how aggressive you are or not in applying the power. The rest of the time you are pretty much above the RPM where the flat spot occurs. I ride in Touring mode 90% of the time.

I see some posts that say Rapid Bike solved the fueling and others that say it didn't do anything at all and this is on a variety of Multistrada versions.

I would like to hear thoughts more specific to the 2015-2017 DVT engine.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can't comment on the Rapid Bike but I changed my rear gear to 42 teeth (I think) and it made a world of difference throughout the gear range and totally eliminated the flat spot. It's a cheap and easy fix and as others have said, the bike should have come that way as stock. Search the forum and you'll find nothing but positive reviews.

·
Registered
191 Posts
After adding the Upmap I considered getting a custom remap but after speaking to a highly rated delaership who also do the remaps, they told me there would be very little to gain low down and the initial lumpiness would always be there. It's due to it being a twin they said. Talked me out of spending £300 with them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't comment on the Rapid Bike but I changed my rear gear to 42 teeth (I think) and it made a world of difference throughout the gear range and totally eliminated the flat spot. It's a cheap and easy fix and as others have said, the bike should have come that way as stock. Search the forum and you'll find nothing but positive reviews.
I have also done the gearing change. Initially went down one tooth on the front. May switch to 15-42 when the chain and sprockets need to be replaced.

Dave

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
You left off "I installed RB Evo and had a $800 dyno day dialing it in"
RB is inferior to ECU reflash (or Ducati race) as a plug n play device.
As a piggyback unit it's just fine with a dyno tune. Some features are elusive. Taman is hugely overconfident in the self-adapting features.
Anyone adding a fuel module to a $25K bike (or even a used one for half that) is an idiot for expecting manufacturer claims to manifest like magic.
Depending on your tuner, it's a toss up between RB and PC. Which one do they know? Get that one.
Changing pipes? New tune time! Airbox mod? New tune time!
Every time you change a variable in fuel/exhaust/timing etc. it's new tune time!

Poor bang for the buck on these bikes. As Dave points out above gearing changes transform the MTS. That's good economy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts