Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
RapidBike EVO

My experience coming from a '12 Diavel with full Termi's and ECM is my '17 DCT was so much smoother stock and didn't have the "flat spot" the '15 DCT I test rode 2 years ago did. The Diavel if lugged would beat you to death and I found myself riding in town in 1st or 2nd gear. It was an animal when ran hard! My '17 Multi after installing full Quat D pipes and RapidBike EVO is still smooth at low speeds with no lugging and pulls like crazy to 8 thousand rpm then explodes like nitrous kicked in to 10,500! I love this friggin bike and I hope it holds up well for many miles! Having a great dealer with a master Ducati tech as an owner is a definite plus!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Greetings , been following some of the posts on new 1260 being stronger / smoother /more linear torque curve power band (on dyno graphs) and rider reports,
but my question is more specific..does the new 1260 bike/engine have the same the same jerky/hesitation/surge/stumble/chugging issues at "Down Low" rpm (idle to 3-4 k)
as my new 2016 P/P has ? I know others have had similar issues like me...but has Ducati fixed any of that unacceptable behavior for 2018??? Really sucks !
( I have voiced many complaints on my "fueling issues" on the forum before)

I'm not a happy camper, and cannot live with this crap..I plan to try a 2018 maybe next month , and compare them myself, ..schedule /weather/personal issues permitting ...
I've been only able to put about 200 miles on my bike, and would like to do my first service at that time, and have any downloads/updates on my bike that haven't been done..done
but I'm not getting a warm-fuzzy feeling that fixing my problem ...and from reliable sources I have.. nobody has an aftermarket /true/ fix/ecu flash for the 15-17 DVT's
I know the Termi comes with an ecu change that is a big help,weight/heat/performance wise...but that comes with a big cost/ noise/ and liability issues

Having had lots of Ducati's since the 70's , I was really looking forward to this one,( better suited for my old tired body/bones ) but I'm trying to decide what to do going forward
Do I throw more money / do service etc on the 2016 P/P ,in hopes of a fix or keep the miles down , take a hit and put more money towards a 18 S , (2018 P/P not a good financial option)
would like to keep the one I have , but am I dreaming to think there is a viable solution for this mess ?

Appreciate any feedback
I agree with a few on here my 2017 1200s does not have these low RPM chugging/stumbling.... issues in fact it’s by far the smoothest Ducati I’ve ever ridden at any RPM. If anyone has ridden this motor on the Diavel I’m sure it really wouldn’t be that different then on the 2018 Multi.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Greetings , been following some of the posts on new 1260 being stronger / smoother /more linear torque curve power band (on dyno graphs) and rider reports,
but my question is more specific..does the new 1260 bike/engine have the same the same jerky/hesitation/surge/stumble/chugging issues at "Down Low" rpm (idle to 3-4 k)
as my new 2016 P/P has ? I know others have had similar issues like me...but has Ducati fixed any of that unacceptable behavior for 2018??? Really sucks !
( I have voiced many complaints on my "fueling issues" on the forum before)

I'm not a happy camper, and cannot live with this crap..I plan to try a 2018 maybe next month , and compare them myself, ..schedule /weather/personal issues permitting ...
I've been only able to put about 200 miles on my bike, and would like to do my first service at that time, and have any downloads/updates on my bike that haven't been done..done
but I'm not getting a warm-fuzzy feeling that fixing my problem ...and from reliable sources I have.. nobody has an aftermarket /true/ fix/ecu flash for the 15-17 DVT's
I know the Termi comes with an ecu change that is a big help,weight/heat/performance wise...but that comes with a big cost/ noise/ and liability issues

Having had lots of Ducati's since the 70's , I was really looking forward to this one,( better suited for my old tired body/bones ) but I'm trying to decide what to do going forward
Do I throw more money / do service etc on the 2016 P/P ,in hopes of a fix or keep the miles down , take a hit and put more money towards a 18 S , (2018 P/P not a good financial option)
would like to keep the one I have , but am I dreaming to think there is a viable solution for this mess ?

I have had a test ride on the 2018 Multi and the motor is very smooth at every RPM. There was no hesitation or surging between 3-4k what so ever. But coming from a 13 Multi the 1260 does not have the grunt or torque just when you crack the throttle that my 13 has in sport mode. There was no hesitation with the 1260 in sport mode but it does not push you back in the seat when you crack the throttle in any gear like my 13 does. With my 13 I can feel what gear I'm in by the throttle response with the 1260 it is so smooth the only way I could tell what gear I was in was to look at the dash. The 1260 pulls noticeably stronger than my 13 in the midrange 4-7K. Other observations the transmission and the quick shifter worked well and noticeable better than my 13. The exhaust note was sportier than my stock system. The suspension was very soft even in sport mode compared to my bike with a lot of suspension travel but I did not have time to work on adjustments during the test ride. The brakes were awesome and a big improvement from my bike. The new wheelbase makes the bike feel completely different it does not turn in as quick or react as fast as my bike but it does feel very stable. My overall assessment is there is a lot to like about the new 1260 and it is clearly a better touring bike than my 13s. Is it a better sport bike I'm not sure but there is a lot to like.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Drove the 1260 yesterday and BLUF, I will not upgrade my 2015 dvt to the 1260. The 1260 engine is smooth and there is no gap to the 6000rpm, so you go fast without noticing, but I like that bit of dr Jekyll/mr Hyde since I’am nor gunning it at every ride. No dashboard layout OK better, new button operation, more logical, but both are not that significant. The speedshifter/blipper actually do work very good and are way better than the healtech I’ve installed, and got so fed up with, I switched it off. However the demo model had a Akrakopivic full systeem. SWEEEEEET, especially with the speedshifter!!! So I’ll probably spent my cash at the akra sytem and keep going on my white, red framed 2015. Still a colour combination that I find way more attractive than the current colours. Although my dealership just sold an enduro in PP colour scheme.......also very nice!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Drove the 1260 yesterday and BLUF, I will not upgrade my 2015 dvt to the 1260. The 1260 engine is smooth and there is no gap to the 6000rpm, so you go fast without noticing, but I like that bit of dr Jekyll/mr Hyde since I’am nor gunning it at every ride. No dashboard layout OK better, new button operation, more logical, but both are not that significant. The speedshifter/blipper actually do work very good and are way better than the healtech I’ve installed, and got so fed up with, I switched it off. However the demo model had a Akrakopivic full systeem. SWEEEEEET, especially with the speedshifter!!! So I’ll probably spent my cash at the akra sytem and keep going on my white, red framed 2015. Still a colour combination that I find way more attractive than the current colours. Although my dealership just sold an enduro in PP colour scheme.......also very nice!
That was probably Motopuro in the Netherlands, right?

·
Registered
327 Posts

Very good! All the pretty much confirms what I suspected in the first place. An improvement but nothing monumental at all.

How was the handling or the weight and wheel base changes as it relates to?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Really didn’t notice it, the 1260 is not sluggish in handling (new tyres help) and I never had any complaints on the stability of the 1200. IMHO the multistrada’s suspension can be adjusted so much that you can easily make the bike turning in quicker towards oversteer or a more neutral slow respond. Again the new one is a bit better on almost all fronts but not world shattering.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Really didn’t notice it, the 1260 is not sluggish in handling (new tyres help) and I never had any complaints on the stability of the 1200. IMHO the multistrada’s suspension can be adjusted so much that you can easily make the bike turning in quicker towards oversteer or a more neutral slow respond. Again the new one is a bit better on almost all fronts but not world shattering.
Interesting

·
Registered
49 Posts
IMHO the 13 Multi and the 15-17 Multi's handling is quite similar and the 1260 feels completely different. The longer wheelbase and the different suspension are a significant change. It take noticeably more effort and is slower to initiate a turn or change of direction on the 1260. The 1260 handles more like my wife's GS 800 than my 13 Multi. The 1260 does feel more stable but less dynamic than the older Multi's.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts