Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding today on the highway and went to turn off my heated grips - for the 2010-2014s, this involves pressing the starter button wayyy in to engage the menu and select off / min / mid / max. I pressed it once while riding and the throttle cut out.. wtf!! I was going about 70mph and started decelerating, and then it came back. Tried it again, yep - engine running, bike electronics on, but throttle was non-responsive. I got to a straight bit with no cars around and tried it again to test it, and it worked normally. Weird fluke? Anyone else had this happen?

I tried searching "throttle cut out" in this forum, but got no similar issues cropping up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think the kill switch switch needs replacing, it costs around 70 GBp/100 USD to buy, the connector is under the tank, so panels off and lift tank to fit.

(have had 4 replaced so far on my 2010, symptoms as you describe on/off/on strange behaviour, it gets worse and could dangerous if you are on a motorway and/or corner, openning switch doesnt help as damage is usually not visible)

·
Hammer Down
1,667 Posts
I have a new 2014 so no miles really but I wondered if I'd see any issues related to the heated grips and pushing the starter button.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have a new 2014 so no miles really but I wondered if I'd see any issues related to the heated grips and pushing the starter button.
I've had mine for a year now and haven't had any problems with it other than the fuel gauge issue. I have a bit over 7,000 miles on it and it has seen a fair amount of wet riding too.

I wouldn't worry about it if you aren't having problems. Just ride it and if anything comes up have it addressed while the bike is still under warranty.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Was riding today on the highway and went to turn off my heated grips - for the 2010-2014s, this involves pressing the starter button wayyy in to engage the menu and select off / min / mid / max. I pressed it once while riding and the throttle cut out.. wtf!! I was going about 70mph and started decelerating, and then it came back. Tried it again, yep - engine running, bike electronics on, but throttle was non-responsive. I got to a straight bit with no cars around and tried it again to test it, and it worked normally. Weird fluke? Anyone else had this happen?

I tried searching "throttle cut out" in this forum, but got no similar issues cropping up.
It's still under warranty, right? Have the local dealer fix it.

That's a safety hazard.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Call me stupid but the Pikes peak never had heated grips from the factory, only the touring and GT models.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes correct. The PP did not come standard with the heated grips. However they can be fitted as a genuine part from Ducati. All Ducati dealers can access the part and install just like from factory.

The heated grips are no different to the S touring and the GT. They are the same.

Gavatron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts